Sunday, August 10, 2014

He lives and He loves you.

So, one of these days I'm going to post a video of me singing/playing a hymn or Primary song. But our house is too loud right now, so the lyrics will have to do for now:
A Child's Prayer
1) Heavenly Father, are you really there? And do you hear and answer ev'ry child's prayer? Some say that heaven is far away, but I feel it close around me as I pray. Heavenly Father; I remember now Something that Jesus told disciples long ago: "Suffer the children to come to me." Father, in prayer I'm coming now to thee. 

2) Pray, he is there; speak, he is listn'ing. You are his child; His love now surrounds you. He hears your prayer; He loves the children. Of such is the kingdom, the kingdom of heav'n. 

I love this song so much. The first verse is a little child, talking to their Heavenly Father, asking Him if He is really there. And by the end of the first verse, the child has remembered and wants to pray to Him. The second verse is a parent (or grandparent), bearing testimony to the child that He really is there and that He does listen. 

I know that He lives. I know He loves me. I know He loves all of us, whether or not we believe in Him. And I know that He will always listen and that He wants what is best for us. And I know that He sent His Son to die for us, so that we can return to live with Him. He will never, ever, ever turn away from you—He is always waiting for you to turn to Him. Whether that be again or for the first time, He is waiting for you because He loves you very, very much. 

No comments:

Post a Comment