Wednesday, May 28, 2014

For good.

In our lives, we meet certain people who help us become who we need to be. They help us for better. We learn things from them that we couldn't learn from anyone else. And sometimes we teach without knowing. Like, this year, for instance. I'd met *Jane before, in one of my classes in ninth grade, but I can't remember if she transferred out second semester or not. Anyway, this year she was in my seminary class, both semesters. That rarely happens, where I have seminary with someone full year (because we've got so many teachers and students, it's hard to keep classes the same). And Jane thanked me at the end of second semester, because I'd been there the whole year and she had learned a lot from me. I didn't even know that I had that much of an influence on her. I was just being myself. She's a sweet girl and I'm glad I was able to help her. Also, on the flipside, several people in my seminary class and other classes helped me out just by being themselves and a good example to me. But that just shows how life is: God puts people in our paths to help us learn and grow, even if they have absolutely no idea. 
A really good example of this is the song For Good from Wicked:
I've heard it said
That people come into our lives
For a reason
Bringing something we must learn 
And we are led to those who help us most to grow
If we let them
And we help them in return
Well I don't know if I believe that's true
But I know I'm who I am today
Because I knew you
...
And, because I knew you
Because I knew you
I have been changed
For good


*Name has been changed

No comments:

Post a Comment