Sunday, February 28, 2016

He makes up the difference.

Well, I made it through last week!!! It was super tough, but I know that my Savior was helping me. :)

Today in church, the focus was on Christ. Well, it always is, but it was more of a focus on Him.

Sacrament meeting was so beautiful!! <3

Hannah talked about service as an attribute of Christ:
  • God blesses us through others! I know this–countless times I have needed to hear something or I've needed someone to listen, and someone said exactly what I needed, or they asked to hear about me and my day. 
  • She said that we need to let others serve us. Sometimes it's hard to let them, but we need to let them. It's hard to serve someone who won't let you serve them.
  • Even small acts–they may seem insignificant–but even small acts can have a significant impact on someone's life.
  • Service will help us come unto Christ, and it will help us become more like Him. <3
Batchlor talked about how to come to know and find Christ:
  • We need to read the scriptures.
  • We need to obey the commandments.
  • Loving others makes all of the other commandments fall into place.
  • We need to find comfort in the right places–we need to find comfort in the Savior and in our Heavenly Father. Only they can bring us true comfort.
  • Just know that He will carry you through your trials.
Charity's talk was about our relationship with Jesus Christ. She read this absolutely beautiful letter that she was given at a youth conference, I believe, that was written to us from the perspective of our Elder Brother, the Savior. It made me cry! It was so beautiful, and just exactly what I needed to hear. 
  • She said that if we don't put in the effort, the relationship won't be there. This is so true. Christ is ready and waiting–all we have to do is knock. 
  • It's our responsibility to draw near to Him. We have to have a desire for the relationship. 
  • He knows what is best for us, and He wants us to choose that.
  • Blessings will come as we seek to develop that relationship with Christ.
Nick talked about missionary work, and coming unto Christ. He read an amazing poem that I loved, and I am going to share it with you because it spoke to me. 
It's called "After All We Can Do", by Robbie Pierce:
"I had been in that hole for a very long time—In the dark and the damp, in the cold and the slime. The shaft was above me; I saw it quite clear, but there’s no way I ever could reach it from here. I could not remember the world way up there, so I lost every hope and gave in to despair. I knew nothing but darkness, the floor, and the wall. Then from off in the distance I heard someone call: "Get up! Get ready! There’s nothing the matter! Take rocks and take sticks and build up a fine ladder!" This was a thought that had not crossed my mind, but I started to stack all the stones I could find. When I ran out of stones, then old sticks were my goal, for some way or another I’d climb from that hole. I soon had a ladder that stood very tall, and I thought, “I’ll soon leave this place once and for all!” I climbed up my ladder, a difficult chore, for from lifting those boulders, my shoulders were sore. I climbed up the ladder, but soon had to stop, for my ladder stopped short, some ten feet from the top. I went back down my ladder and felt all around, but there were no more boulders nor sticks to be found. I sat down in the darkness and started to cry. I’d done all I could do and I gave my best try. But in spite of my work, in this hole I must die. And all I could do was to sit and think, “Why?” Was my ladder to short? Was my hole much too deep? Then from way up on high came a voice: “Do not weep.” And then faith, hope, and love entered into my chest as the voice calmly told me that I’d done my best. He said, “You have worked hard, and your labor’s been rough, but the ladder you’ve built is at last tall enough. So do not despair; there is reason to hope–just climb up your ladder; I’ll throw down my rope.” I climbed up my ladder, then climbed up the cord. When I got to the top of it, there stood the Lord. I’ve never been happier; my struggle was done. I blinked in the brightness that came from the Son. I fell to the ground as His feet I did kiss. I cried, “Lord, can I ever repay Thee for this?” He looked all about. There were holes in the ground. They had people inside, and were seen all around. There were thousands of holes that were damp, dark and deep. Then the Lord looked at me, and He said, “feed my sheep." And he went on his way to save other lost souls, so I got right to work, calling down to the holes,“Get up! Get ready! There is nothing the matter! Take rocks, and take sticks, and build up a fine ladder!” It now was my calling to spread the good word–The most glorious message that man ever heard: That there’s one who is coming to save one and all, and we need to be ready when He gives the call. He’ll pull us all out of the holes that we’re in and save all our souls from cold death and from sin. So do not lose faith; there is reason to hope: Just climb up your ladder; He'll throw down His rope."

I just love that! At one point in my life, I felt like I was in this hole, and not only was my Savior there, helping me to get out, I had a beautiful friend who's been a great example to me who was helping me, too. Finishing his talk, Nick said that coming unto Christ starts by exercising a particle of faith and nourishing it.

In Relief Society, we talked about how we can live a Christ-centered life. True joy is found in living a Christ-centered life. I am so blessed to be a member of this church and have the true Gospel of Christ! I wouldn't be who I am today without my Savior, and I know that He has delivered me from many things that I couldn't do myself. I have to rely on Him every single day, because I need Him every single day. He gives me strength when I can't go on by myself anymore. He makes up the difference because He loves me, and He wants me to be able to return to live with my Heavenly Father.

No comments:

Post a Comment