Sunday, February 21, 2016

I can do hard things.

I am a super lucky duck! I went home last weekend, and the lesson in Relief Society was on adversity. In Relief Society today (in my singles ward), we learned about adversity again! Which is such a blessing! Kelsie talked differently about some things that I needed to hear for this week, which is going to be insane!!

-Doing the hard things in life will help us in the end.
-Trials are helping us move forward.
-Look at trials as an opportunity to build up.
-Heavenly Father puts things in our life to stretch us and help us grow.
-When one door closes, another door opens.
-We won't be tempted beyond what we can withstand.
-You have every reason to be happy and optimistic and confident.
-The Savior will ease and lighten our loads/burdens.
-We need to ask and be ready for His help and assistance.
-This is a time of hope and excitement; the Gospel is being spread throughout the world!
-Do the hard things. Ask for help. Work with the Lord.

So grateful for this lesson!! Her theme was "I can do hard things" and I love that!

Sacrament meeting was based on the significance of the temple. Some of my favorite quotes/lessons from sacrament meeting were:
-Heaven isn't far when you're in the temple.
-Going to the temple is a privilege that we must earn.
-The purpose of a temple recommend is so that you are prepared for the temple.
-The most meaningful thing we can do for our ancestors is help them get sealed, and receive the blessings of the temple.
-The greatest service we can do is one that will last through the eternities (family history work/temple work).
-Temples bring comfort and peace.

Today was a great day, full of great lessons!! This week will be crazy, but I can do hard things!! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment