Thursday, June 30, 2016

Just a little poem. :)

I know it's the middle of the week but I was doing some deep thinking a couple days ago and I wrote this poem and I thought I'd share it. :)

In a big, dark room in the back of my mind, there's a single spotlight.
It's nothing big, just a little dream.
But it's heavy–a weight on my shoulders.
It shouldn't be this heavy–it's just a little dream–a wish.
But it's heavy. 
"What if" and "Oh, but it can't happen" thoughts drown out all the "It could happen"s of this dream. 
I'm drowning in a sea of thoughts, all made by me.
I've done all I can do to stop drowning but it's not enough. It's never enough.
So I kneel in prayer, and ask for strength and peace of mind.
And suddenly I'm lifted.
Finally I can breathe.
My thoughts aren't so heavy.
I look beside me to see my Savior, lifting with me.
What a comfort that is, to know He's always beside me.
Whatever happens–whether or not this dream will be–I know my Savior will be there. He'll help lift my burdens and fix all the broken pieces of me.
Someday this dream will be but a memory–a small piece of my life–and someday I'll be, and do, and have many things, bigger and better than I've ever dreamed to be, do, and have in my life.
But for now?
I'll dream.
I'll breathe.
I'll live.
I'll pray.
And I'll wait for the days when I get to see what my life is made of.
~"He Lifts Heavy Dreams" by Mattie Radke

No comments:

Post a Comment