Sunday, May 14, 2017

Happy Mother's Day! 💕

Happy Mother's Day!!! To my mom and to all of the moms in my life. I love you all and look up to you! There is no one better in this world than mothers. ðŸ’•ðŸ’•ðŸ’•

My mom is amazing and does so much for me and my family. She's Superwoman and Wonder Woman rolled into one awesome being and I am so grateful for her. ðŸ’•ðŸ’•

I'm so grateful for all of the mothers in my life. My grandmas are amazing women, as are all of my aunts, and I have so many friends who are mothers that I love and appreciate. ðŸ’•ðŸ’•

You have all taught me so many things, and I couldn't be more grateful. There are no words to describe my love and admiration for you–there are songs that come close but it's not enough. Here's a Mother's Day playlist that was shared by Paul Cardall, the pianist. It's got a lot of great songs (my favorite is "A Mother's Prayer" by Celine Dion, though there are a few that are close runners up such as "Angels", "You Raise Me Up", "Meanwhile Back at Mama's", and "Mama's Song") but it's missing this one, which is my favorite of all time. ðŸ’•ðŸ’•

Also this video by the Church is SO amazing! ðŸ’•ðŸ’•

I know that there are some who've loved and lost babies and I just wanted those women specifically to know that I love you and I am so grateful for you! I know it is so hard but I wanted you to know that I admire you and love you and am grateful (and proud of you) for the strength that you show every day, and I'm grateful for the love that you give to me. You're a mom to me. ðŸ’•ðŸ’•

Thought I'd write this little poem to show just a snippet of all the things that moms do–for me, for their own children, and for everyone. Mothers are special beings that God put in our lives because He knew we'd need some sort of guidance and love in our lives, and for that, He gave us moms. I thank my Heavenly Father every day for my mom and for all moms. ðŸ’•ðŸ’•


"Thank You Mothers" by Mattie  
Thank you for loving me,
for teaching me,
for listening to me. 
Thank you for trying,
for sharing,
for caring. 
Thank you for watching,
for leading,
for coaching. 
Thank you for helping,
for respecting,
for guiding. 
Without you, I'd be lost,
I'd be alone,
I'd be sad. 
Thank you, mothers, for being there, for loving me, and for showing me how to be a mom. ðŸ’•ðŸ’•

No comments:

Post a Comment