Sunday, June 4, 2017

You do so much good!

So, Friday morning I had the opportunity to go do baptisms for the dead in the Provo Temple. It was SO GREAT!!! It was just what I needed. I received a lot of answers and peace and it was just a great start to the day/weekend. I had a couple talks with one of my roommates at random times throughout the day and those also were exactly what I needed. She's awesome and I love her and I am so grateful that she is in my life! I honestly don't know how I survived without her! ;)

I've had some ups and downs this weekend but I've gotten through them. Life's a funny thing, isn't it? In the heat of the moment, you're like, "I can't do this! This is so hard!" But afterwards you're like, "Wow, I did it! It wasn't even that hard" (even though sometimes it was). And you just move on. :)

I have a few new goals I am hoping to be able to work on in the next couple of months or so, and it's not going to be easy. But I can do it! I have an amazing support system! :)

I'm so grateful for all the guidance I've received this weekend! Some of the guidance I received this weekend was definitely a blessing and an answer to my prayers–I am not forgotten! Nor am I alone and unloved. Sometimes in life, I struggle, and I falter, and I doubt, and I question, and I worry, but I get back up. Because I've felt the peace. I've felt the joy. I've felt the love. And there's no place I'd rather be.  ❤️



My absolute favorite (Book of Mormon) scripture right now is 2 Nephi 22:2, which says, "Behold, God is my salvation; I will trust, and not be afraid; for the Lord Jehovah is my strength and my song; he also has become my salvation." This scripture is written on a sticky note and is stuck to the front of my Book of Mormon and it has been such a lifeline for me over the past year or two since I really discovered it and fell in love with it. It's been a wonderful reminder to me to let go and trust Him.

There were a lot of great things shared today at church but my most favorite was Relief Society's lesson. We talked about President Uchtdorf's talk "Forget Me Not" and I absolutely LOVE this talk! It is one that I love to go back to...when I actually remember to go back to it...Anyway...We talked a lot about remembering the little things...Like, to do them (study your scriptures, pray, etc.) but ALSO that you do so many good things!! You do so much good in the world! Little things to you–complimenting someone, smiling at a stranger and saying hi as you walk by them–those are good things that bless other people's lives. And even if no one else notices, you still do them. So focus on those! Focus on the things that you are doing, and don't focus on what you could be doing better. Sometimes we just need to focus on what we are doing right, and what we're doing right now.

We also talked about patience. It's something that everyone struggles with, especially towards themselves. Be patient with yourself. Remember how you're always patient with your friends and family? Be patient with yourself. You are just as imperfect as they are! Cut yourself some slack. You are trying, and that is enough. Be grateful for the small successes in your life. And remember that you are not alone. You are not forgotten. Heavenly Father loves you with an infinite love. He sees us for who we are. And He knows we are trying. He knows we are working hard at becoming better. And He will help us. He is helping us. Because He knows us. And He knows what we're doing, where we've been, and how far we've come. And He won't stop helping us become who we were meant to be.

I love you! I hope you have a wonderful day and week! Remember that God has better promises for us than we can even imagine!

Xoxo
Mattie

No comments:

Post a Comment