Sunday, September 3, 2017

He has been listening.

It's been an exciting week! I got a haircut, had my last day of work at catering (and got a small cake), and found my class ring! I was thinking today during the sacrament about what a blessing it was finding my ring, and what such a simple experience taught me:
You know that feeling you get when you lose something of value and importance to you? I misplaced my class ring earlier this month (I say earlier this month, but I mean early last month, in August) and have been looking and praying fervently for the past few weeks that I would find it. I thought I'd lost it in the Wilk (or, even worse, that I'd accidentally thrown it away). I was terrified and sad. Anyway, I went to the eye doctor on Thursday and took my glasses, and when I got home from work later that evening, set them on my bedside table (which is their normal spot). When I went to open it while I was getting ready for bed, there was my ring!! Not sure how it got there, or when, or what even happened because I have been using my glasses a lot lately this past month, and I am almost positive that it wasn't there before, but I'm just so grateful!! What a testimony builder! I been praying for other things lately, and I now know with a surety that God has been listening. In addition to that, this past summer I've kind of been struggling to feel the Spirit, and feel His presence. I just have felt alone and a little bit lost. I haven't felt like He has been listening to me, or answering. But now I know He has been listening. I know that He is guiding you, He is blessing you, He is watching you, and He is listening to you. You might not always feel Him, but I promise you that He is there
In Gospel Principles today, we talked about God and the Godhead. We focused on how God is our FATHER. Of all the roles and titles He has, and could have chosen to focus on, He asked us to call Him Father. And oh, how loving a father He is! He presides and provides for us. He is invested in our future. Not only that, but He is invested in US. Whether or not we believe in Him–whether or not we are a member of His church–He cares about us and wants what is best for us. He helps us recognize who we are. For the last couple of weeks in church, at some point, someone has brought up the parable of the refiner's fire, and becoming pure silver. Well, the silver was always silver, just impure. Just like we've always been a child of God, just imperfect. Through our trials, Heavenly Father helps us see who we always have been. We need to be open and honest with Him. And He will be open and honest (as much as He can) with us.

Relief Society was amazing today! So sad to see the Durfeys go, but I'm so grateful for all of the wonderful lessons that they've taught me! Sister Durfey talked about how we're all the same, and we're not alone. Yeah, we all go through different experiences, but we're not alone. We have friends who are going through similar experiences, or have gone through similar experiences. And we have a Heavenly Father who loves us, and knows us. He uses us to help others be able to feel His love for them. Sister Durfey also said today during the lesson something that I absolutely LOVED: "I wasn't given trials, I was given a blessing that came with trials." I loved that!! I can't even think of anything to follow it with. :)

Xoxo
Mattie

No comments:

Post a Comment