Sunday, February 10, 2019

What's the point? Love.

There are times when I feel very lost, scared, and alone. There are times when I feel insecure, unloved, and broken. There are times when I feel like I made a terrible mistake, and that I should have known better. But when I look back...I might have been lost and scared, yes, but I wasn't alone. I might have been insecure and broken, but I wasn't unloved. I might have made a terrible mistake, and I probably should have known better, yes, but mistakes are meant to be learned from.

I think that negative feelings are meant to be learned from, too, because all of these times were times that I learned something. I learned that God is always with me, and I don't have to be scared because I'm not alone. I learned that God takes my brokenness and uses it to build me up again because He loves me so much. I learned that sometimes I'm human, and I make mistakes because I'm human...but that doesn't mean that God doesn't love me still.

When I learn from my mistakes, and I don't make them again...I'm taking a step forward. Sometimes I repeat the mistake again...and that's okay. I'm not perfect, and sometimes it takes awhile for things to sink in. But no matter what...God still loves me. He is with me every step of the way, and He is supporting me through all of my mistakes and decisions...every. single. time.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

What's the point? What's the point of being here? I think that the point is to love. We do this by 1) gaining a relationship with our Father in Heaven (Love God); 2) gaining a relationship with ourself (love yourself); 3) gaining a relationship with our neighbors (love your neighbor); and 4) spreading love and kindness. This is the Gospel according to Mattie, so it's not doctrine, but I think it's a pretty solid foundation to at least start with. Because this is really what Jesus did...Jesus loved everyone, and aren't we trying to be like Jesus?

I think it's really important to love others. I really do. I think it's important for everyone to feel loved, listened to, and to feel like they matter, because they are loved, and they do matter. It's important for everyone to have someone who supports them in their trials, and it's important for everyone to have someone in their life that they can count on to be there, through the good times and the bad times.

I know that when I am focused on serving other people...my struggles and trials seem to slip my mind...and they become less important, and less of a worry. And everything seems to work out. The things I am worried about not only fade into the background, but somehow work themselves out.

When I am focused on my relationship with my Father in Heaven, I find that I have more time for things. Not only do I have more time to do my homework, but I also have more motivation to do my homework. I have more time to study my scriptures, and go to the temple.

God is so loving, you guys. He really is. He has made it possible for us to be able to return to Him through the atoning sacrifice of His Son, Jesus Christ. Jesus Christ loves us so much that He was willing to take upon Him all the pains, afflictions, sins, and temptations of the world...as well as many, many more things. He knows all that you have gone through, and He knows how to help you through it. You just have to turn to Him. He will bless you and be with you the whole time. There is nothing you have experienced that He hasn't also experienced. He knows how it felt when you broke you arm falling out of the tree that you climbed to impress your friends; He knows how it felt when your best friend moved out of state; He knows how it felt when your dad passed away...He knows all of these things and more. Any heartache you've experienced, He has, too. Any mistakes you've made...He knows how to help you through them.

I highly recommend you listening to this song: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v7aXoDGSKos It's an amazing cover and it's so, so, SO beautiful! I am so happy that I was able to find this song because it's such a special song that bears testimony of the love that God has for us no matter what.

I hope you know that I love you. I really do. I want you to be happy. And I know that God loves you too. He loves to hear from you–He loves to hear about your day, and He loves to hear about the things that you are going through. He loves when we pray to Him and ask Him to bless those around us. He loves when we pray and ask to feel His Spirit, and when we ask for help in blessing those around us.

I hope you have a wonderful week! I hope you are able to see the hand of God in your life this week–even if it is just once this week. I hope you are able to understand and recognize His love for you this week.

Xoxo
Mattie

No comments:

Post a Comment