Tuesday, December 10, 2013

Remember the reason for the season.

It is December 10, 2013. I honestly cannot believe that 2013 is almost over!! This year has passed by so, so, fast, and I can't believe the school year is almost halfway through, either! It seems like just yesterday I was a sophomore, learning my new school in and out and making new friends. Granted, every year I make new friends, but! the point is still the same. Time is passing me by like no other. In two days Bridger will be 7!! I still remember when we were naming him. Christmas is also soon to be upon us, and this year I am so blessed. I've got lots of friends (old and new) who all love me; I've learned a lot from almost everywhere I've been, everything I've done, and everyone I've interacted with; I have a family who (mostly/usually) loves me; I live in a nice area with nice neighbors; and I have technology to stay in touch with friends and family. This year, I don't want much for Christmas. Maybe a new pair of headphones, or a belt, or some CDs. But all I really want is for my siblings (and my friends and family) to learn/remember/understand (whichever applies to them) the true meaning of Christmas and the true spirit of Christmas. We need to remember the reason for Christmas. Christmas is all about Christ, and I want them to know that. He was born so that He could be our Savior, our Redeemer, our Lord. He was born so that He could be the perfect example of how to live. He was born to suffer for and bear our sins, pains, and afflictions so that He could know EXACTLY how we feel, all the time, 24/7. He was born to be crucified; He was born to die for us. He was born to save us. He was born to save me. He was born to save you. He loves us all very much, and Christmas is a time to remember this. We should always remember it, but Christmas is a time to remember that He was born to die for us so that we can be resurrected and live again someday. We need to remember the reason for the season, and we need to remember it always. 

No comments:

Post a Comment