Sunday, January 4, 2015

How we can know Heavenly Father.

Today in Young Women's we learned how to come to know Heavenly Father. First, let me ask you something. Think of someone you know really well. What are some of the qualities they have that help you, or make you love them?

Here's a list of some of the things we thought of:
Believes in me
Loves me
Cares for me
Trusts me//two-way trust
Food
Unconditional love
Friendship
Fun
Kind
Someone to look up to
Motivates me to be a better person
Always there
Listens to me
Helps me

One other question I have is this: Do you know the difference between knowing of someone, and knowing someone? Knowing of someone is knowing the basics. Their name. Their hobbies. Knowing someone is knowing them personally. Knowing why their favorite color is green. Knowing that they are allergic to peanut butter. Knowing why they like the things they do. Knowing them for who they are. Heavenly Father knows us personally. That list of characteristics up there? Heavenly Father has a lot of them. He cares for us. He believes in us. He knows our likes, our dislikes. He knows our hobbies. He knows our hearts. He knows everything about us. How much do we really know Him, though? In order to get to know Him, we can read the scriptures and pray. Spend time with Him. In order to get to know someone, we have to spend time with them. So spend time with your Heavenly Father. Get to know Him. It's never too late. He's waiting for you, and His arms are open. 

No comments:

Post a Comment