Sunday, January 18, 2015

Tender Mercies.

I'm getting sick, which isn't the most pleasant feeling in the world. Luckily I don't have school tomorrow so I can sleep in a bit and get some needed rest, as well as do some homework and get some practice in.

We learned about tender mercies in Sunday School today. Story time: I don't like Snickers candy bars--I don't like nuts, and the ones in Snickers bars bother my throat--but apparently I haven't made it clear enough to my friends because as part of my Christmas gift, she gave me a bag of mini snickers. I didn't have the heart to tell her I don't like snickers--who would do that? Open a gift and say, "Actually, I don't like snickers. Thanks for the thought"? Not me--but they're so little and cute I could barely taste the nuts. What a tender mercy. Usually when I eat the fun size snickers--I will not pass up an opportunity for chocolate. I usually suck the chocolate off the nuts--the nuts bother my throat. But with the minis, I could barely taste them through all of the chocolate. So that was a tender mercy from God. I'm so thankful for tender mercies! They are the little things in your day that make you feel loved and feel like you are not alone. Some days I just feel so out-of-place, but then Heavenly Father sends me little things that remind me that He is there and He loves me. And, as I've said before, it's the little things that matter and make you feel loved. I felt so loved today because, even though I'm sick, I was able to go to church and feel His love and learn what He needed me to learn. I love my Savior and my Heavenly Father and I am so thankful for tender mercies. I say these things in the name of Jesus Christ, amen. 

No comments:

Post a Comment