Sunday, March 8, 2015

Repentance leads to happiness.

I know, I know...another post today...I just couldn't let this one go.
From Elder Neil L. Andersen's talk "Repent...That I May Heal You":
"When we sin, we turn away from God. When we repent, we turn back toward God."Repentance is turning away  from some things, such as dishonesty, pride, anger, and impure thoughts, and turning toward other things, such as kindness, unselfishness, patience, and spirituality. It is “re-turning” toward God." "Don’t be discouraged." "Repentance always means that there is greater happiness ahead."
I love these. Repentance is a change. It is not just turning to God, it is re-turning to God. We shouldn’t be discouraged because things will work out in their own time. Repentance is a change, and a process, but it is also a choice…a choice that leads to happiness. <3 I know from personal experience that repentance definitely is a choice that leads to happiness. Being forgiven and clean and promising to never do it again makes me happier than living in regret and continuing to sin. Remember that it is never too late to repent. <3

No comments:

Post a Comment