Sunday, April 1, 2018

Happy Easter Conference!

Happy Easter! And happy General Conference weekend!! It's been an amazing weekend!! I've learned so much and I have a lot to work on and I am SO excited!! I've been feeling very motivated lately, which is FANTASTIC! I hope it will last the next three weeks as I finish up this semester!

I am so thankful for my Savior, who died and was resurrected so that I could live again. I am so thankful that I can be with my family forever. I went home for today's sessions of conference and I had a blast with my family, especially little brothers! I love them so much and am so grateful for them! They have my whole heart and they're all I need in my life right now.

General Conference was AMAZING!!! We got two new apostles–Elder Gerrit W. Gong and Elder Ulisses S. Soares. I am so excited! They have spoken in conference before and I really loved their talks. We are going to be getting 7 new temples!! I am so excited!! They're going to be all over the world–except for the one in Layton, UT. Though, technically it is still a part of 'all over the world'. Anyway, there's going to be one in India and Russia!! That's awesome!! The home/visiting teaching programs are being reorganized–we are now calling it 'ministering' and there's going to be a little bit of revamping. I'm super excited for that! :)

There were so many amazing and wonderful lessons that I have learned this weekend, but one of my most favorite overall messages was: Love one another–including yourself. That is something that I have been struggling with a lot lately, but I'm working on it. Another message that I got was about forgiveness, including forgiving yourself, which is also something that I struggle with.

Lately I have realized that I have a lot about myself that I have to focus on working on, and even though I had a less-than-ideal way of getting that message, I am really grateful for it. So, I am trying to focus on me right now. Focusing on my spiritual studies, my scholarly studies, and turning outwards. I am trying to focus on doing, and being, and living.

I can't wait till the conference talks are all transcripts online! I am so excited to be able to learn from them more in the upcoming months! I am going to try and work on some things and I am excited to make these changes in my life.

God is our Father. He knows exactly what we need to hear. He knows what we need to do to change. He has given us the Holy Ghost as a companion to help us learn and grow, as well as to help us minister to those around us. I am so grateful for the revelations that I received this weekend, and I am so thankful for the opportunities that God gives me to change. He has given me so many second chances...I am so thankful that He loves me so much and that He wants to help me change. I can't wait to start!

I am so blessed! It's been a wonderful conference weekend, and having conference fall on Easter Sunday is always a blessing! I am so thankful for the wonderful example of my Savior, and for His sacrifice and love! I am blessed beyond measure and I am so excited to be able to focus my life in the right direction, and show Him that He didn't make a mistake with me.

Hope you had a wonderful weekend and that you have an amazing week! :)

Xoxo
Mattie

No comments:

Post a Comment