Sunday, March 25, 2018

He does not give up on you.

You never realize just how much you have to work on changing and improving yourself until you're studying the scriptures. And spending time with people. No one on earth is perfect. We all have weaknesses and make mistakes. We all have times where we struggle. But with Him, we can overcome. With Him, we can start again. And again. And again. With Him, we can keep trying. Though we will never be perfect in this life, we can align ourselves on the path with which we can someday become perfect through Christ. He will be with us every step of the way, and He won't let us fall.
I am so grateful for the opportunity I had to perform in sacrament meeting today! I'm grateful for Carrie and Megan, who agreed to perform with me and accompany me. They really helped make the experience amazing. I wasn't really super nervous until right before we were performing but it went amazingly and surprisingly well! I'm grateful for the message of "A Child's Prayer" and for the love that is so evident in the song. I'm grateful for the Spirit, and for the love that He helps us feel, and for the answers He helps us receive, and for the comfort and assurances that He gives.

I have had a really great week and weekend. I have learned a lot from my scripture study, and from talking and experiencing life with my friends. I've learned that I need to start being grateful for things that I do, and have, and not stress so much about things that I don't, and don't have. I learned that I can do amazing things and that I am stronger than I think I am. I learned that I am doing good things, but I can be doing better. I learned that there is moderation in all things, including emotions, which is something that I'd never thought about before, but RD (my therapist) brought it up on Friday and I really loved that. I learned that I need to re-evaluate my priorities in life and that I need to look past the surface, and focus on the essence. I need to take the little pieces, and use them to make something bigger, and brighter, and more beautiful. I learned that I am beginning to see myself differently, and on the whole, it's a good different. I learned that there is more to me than what I think, and I learned that there is more to life than what I think.


Today is Palm Sunday, the Sunday before Easter Sunday. This is the day that Jesus made His triumphal entry into Jerusalem. In one week, it is not only going to be Easter Sunday, but it is going to be General Conference weekend! I am so excited! I have several things that I am hoping to receive answers about and I am just really excited to hear from our prophets and leaders.

I am SO grateful. I am so grateful for my Heavenly Father. I am so grateful for my Savior. I am so grateful for the Holy Ghost. I am so grateful for my family. I am so grateful for my friends. I am so grateful for my ward. I am so grateful for my bishop. I am so grateful for music. I am so grateful for the opportunity I have to meet new people, and strengthen relationships with the people already in my life. I am so grateful for the scriptures. I am so grateful for the prophets. I am so grateful for the Atonement.

Nothing in life ever goes exactly how we plan it. We can make as many plans as we want, but something will happen to change your plans. So stressing about it, and about life, won't do you any good. Stress takes joy from the moment. Don't let it.

(Yes, I know that I am telling you what to do about stress when we all know perfectly well that stress is basically the one emotion that I feel on a second-by-second basis. However, I am working really hard on trying not to stress about dating, school, finances, work, summer plans, and housing for next year, amongst other things. I have this special talent where I can be stressed about just about anything, major or minor, but I am trying to be better about not letting my stresses get to me. I'm not perfect at it, but I am trying to be better. Sometimes I fail–miserably–and it stresses me out that I failed at not stressing out, but I am slowly working through it. One piece at a time, and one day at a time.)

I am grateful for my Savior. I was talking with my cousin yesterday about the difference between last semester's schoolwork load and this semester's, and I said that I honestly did not get through last semester by myself. It was all Him, and I am so thankful for Him. I am so thankful that He does not give up on me, even when I do. I am so thankful that He gives me wonderful people in my life who I come to love with all of my being and who help me learn, and grow, and become a better person. I have learned so much from my friends in the past two years that I have spent at Cinnamon Tree, and in the past three years that I have been at college. I have learned so much about myself and about life.

I hope that you have an absolutely beautiful week! Do something special for yourself. And remember that God loves you!

Xoxo
Mattie

No comments:

Post a Comment