Sunday, March 4, 2018

Trust Him, and trust His timing.

While I was sitting during the passing of the sacrament, I decided to read one of my favorite passages of scripture about the Atonement, and I had these thoughts:
Alma 7:11-13 is one of my favorite passages about the Atonement. It really emphasizes more of what Jesus felt and had to go through for us. I love that it emphasizes 'according to the flesh'. It gives me a better idea of what kinds of things He went through for me. He knows how difficult it is to overcome temptations, and He knows how hard heartbreak is. He knows how much I try to rise above my depression and anxiety, but He also knows how hard it is, and how disappointed in myself I am when I can't rise above it. He knows it all. And He knows how to help. Each person and each situation is completely unique, but He knows exactly what you need. <3
One of my favorite things that some people said in their testimonies today was that Heavenly Father loves us. And He wants what is best for us. And sometimes what is best for us is different than what is best for someone else, but that doesn't mean that what is best for you or them isn't what is best for you or them. Does that make sense? Just because someone else's best isn't your best doesn't meant that your best is any less.

Kelli said in her testimony something that I loved. "It's not the sin that makes Him cringe; it's when we don't repent that makes Him cringe." I loved that! It doesn't matter if it's the same sins over and over again...as long as we keep trying, and we repent, He is happy. He knows we are mortal and human, and we make mistakes. He doesn't expect us to be perfect right now, but He expects us to try to be better today than we were yesterday. And it is up to us to determine how close we are to God. God is right there waiting for us; we have to make an effort to draw close(r) to Him.

Kaitlin said, "Sometimes we don't know where we're going in our lives, but when we trust Him, and trust that He has a plan, He will guide us and bless us." I loved that. It's important to have a general plan, but honestly, most of the time we don't know where we are going in life. So we need to trust Him. He has a plan for each of us. He will guide us and bless us, and help us become who He knows we can become, and He can help us get to where we need to be.

Dallin said that, "Every time we follow the Spirit, we can be an instrument in people's lives." I loved this. It's so important for us to follow the Spirit and help those around us. We never know completely what's going on, but Heavenly Father does, and He sends us to help those who really need help and love.

Ingrid said, "He loves us and we are not forgotten." I loved that!! He KNOWS us! He LOVES us! We are HIS! How loved we are by the Creator and ruler of all! We are NEVER forgotten!! We are so important to Him, and we are SO LOVED!!


You know, sometimes life really doesn't go as planned. And it can be frustrating. Sometimes it makes you angry. Sometimes it makes you sad. Sometimes it makes you happy. Sometimes it makes you doubt.

But you just kind of need to let go...I know, I know, it's super difficult to not stress and worry, and it's super hard to let go. Trust me–I know. But I also know that the times that I have let go have been the most peaceful times I've ever had.

Part of me is struggling sometimes to understand why things that I want aren't happening for me when I'm trying my hardest. Because the things that I thought would be a deterrent aren't really a problem anymore, so I don't know why they're not happening. But part of me is reminded that for me, personally, sometimes I can't handle lots of things going on at the same time. And so maybe it's just not the right timing.

But just because I am not getting what I want in life right now doesn't mean that I won't get it. It doesn't mean that I'm not strong, or brave, or beautiful, or worthy of love. It just means that right now, it's not in the cards for me. And it means that right now, I need to focus on right now. That can be really, really, really hard to accept and understand. It's hard to focus on my life right now sometimes because it can be overwhelming, first off, and I also just really like looking forward to things (sometimes. Sometimes it also can be overwhelming looking forward to things).

But one thing that keeps me going is this thought that I have had as I've talked with my friends:

My life is my life for a reason. There are things I have to learn through my experiences. There are people I have to meet. There are lives I have to touch, and lives that have to touch mine. There is a purpose in everything. It might not make sense right now, but someday, everything will fall into place.

Even though I am struggling right now, I am looking forward to seeing where life takes me. It's so difficult, but looking back, and seeing how far I've come...it's worth it.

I am so thankful for my Savior. I am so thankful for my Heavenly Father. I am so thankful for Their patience with me, and Their love for me, and Their hopes and plans for me. I am so grateful for the scriptures, and for their influence and insight in my life. I am so thankful for my friends, and for my family, and for their love and support. I am so thankful that I have amazing roommates. I am so thankful that I have people that I can turn to. I am so thankful that I am not alone. I am so thankful that I can love. I am so thankful that, even when things get tough, I can still find a way to smile most of the time. I am so thankful that I can (7.5 times out of 10) make my friends laugh when they're feeling down. I am so thankful for my testimony. I know that Jesus Christ lives. I know that He died for us, and that He loves us. I know that He is always there for us. I know that we can turn to Him for help with anything and He will be there. I know that our Father in Heaven has a plan for each and every one of us. I know that He wants us to be able to return to live with Him someday. I know that He is always watching out for us, and that even though we are here in a mortal world, we are never far from His influence, and He loves to bless us.

I hope you have a wonderful week!! It's a new month and a new week and that means new challenges, but also new experiences, and new opportunities!! Do something different this week! And remember that you are LOVED!!!!

Xoxo
Mattie

No comments:

Post a Comment