Sunday, August 19, 2018

"Do whatever you have to do this week with your whole heart and soul."

I can't believe that I have only been home from Bear Lake for a week! And I still have two weeks left before I go back to school! What a wild month this has been!

I've had a crazy week, as most everyone has probably had, what with school starting this week and whatnot. But I've been kind of lacking in my daily routines this week. I'm going to try harder this week to set a routine, and to get my body used to waking up earlier, and to get my spiritual fill each morning and evening.

I am actually really excited for school to start! Yesterday I submitted my application for GRADUATION!!!! I can't believe that this is my fourth year of college, and I'm almost done with my Bachelor's Degree!!! It just blows my mind that I have come this far!!!! I thought I would never finish college, and I thought I would never be able to get into a major that I love after I didn't get into the Music program, or the Early Childhood Education program. And yet, here I am, a year and a half after I didn't get into ECE, and I'm going to be graduating with a Bachelor's in Family Life, with an emphasis in Human Development!! I absolutely LOVE my major and I am so ecstatic to be able to head out into the world after I graduate! I don't know what I'll be doing after I graduate, but I do know that I still have time to figure it out.

God has blessed me with strength and determination this summer, and I'm excited to use it. I'm excited to make time for the things that are important to me, and I'm excited to make time for the things that I need in my life. I'm excited to better myself, and I'm excited to take the time that I need to focus on making my life better. I'm also really excited to just focus on my life. My friend shared this quote yesterday and I just fell in love with it because it really resonated with me! It's from Sister Marjorie P. Hinckley, President Gordon B. Hinckley's wife. They were the sweetest couple, and the most amazing examples of how to live your life.


We all have 'assignments' in life. Each period of our life is a different assignment. I love how she says to give your assignments 'your full heart and energy'. Take what life has given you, and jump at it! Anything of worth in this life requires effort. So use your energy, face your challenges head on, and do it with a smile on your face. :)

I'm really, really grateful for the experiences I had this summer. I'm really grateful for the fact that I'm excited for school, and I'm excited to implement changes in my life. I'm grateful for fresh starts and new adventures.

I'm grateful for a God who loves me, and wants what is best for me. I'm grateful for friends who care, and for angels in heaven and on earth.

I'm grateful for a Savior who died for me, and who is always there for me. I'm grateful that He always forgives me, and that He always gives me another chance.

May those of you who are dealing with kids going back to school have a non-stressful week, and may everyone have a wonderful week! Love ya! <3

Xoxo
Mattie

No comments:

Post a Comment