Saturday, April 18, 2015

Catch up, tour, and blessings.

I know it's been a while since I've posted, and I'm sorry. I had Spring Break last week and we went to Disneyland/California on tour and then Sunday I slept. Then this week we went back to school and it's been really busy trying to catch up on my English homework because I thought that we didn't have to read over spring break, but we actually didn't have any reading due over spring break. So I've been behind in the reading a little bit, but I finally caught up yesterday. Tour was so much fun! We learned a lot about teamwork and leadership skills, and we got to go to Disneyland and California Adventure and it was super fun! My friends and I got stuck on the Indiana Jones ride and we were hanging with Indiana–literally:

My friend accidentally made that pun when she texted our teacher that we were going to be late to the leadership training. It was hilarious! We also went to the beach, and we saw the Pacific Symphony in concert–Paul Anka performed the last half of the concert. He was funny–he went into the audience and some lady was on her phone and he took it (He was in the middle of singing a song) and sang to the person on the other end with some improv lyrics. He was a little bit dirty, though, and I felt really bad for Mrs. Kelley–she looked so embarrassed. Oh! Saturday night we went to a pirates diner, and Mrs. Kelley and her husband were both busy, so I was watching her baby (He's so adorable!!!) and playing with him–he really liked the bus hahaha–and I have noticed that when he gets sleepy, he tends to tug on his ear and suck his thumb, which he started doing. So I started to sing him some lullabies, and he kept getting a little distracted, especially when his mom would start talking because he loves her so much, but I was also rubbing his back as I sang to him, and he finally started to calm down and he fell asleep. He was drooling while I was playing with him, and when he fell asleep, he continued drooling, so by the time we got to the diner, my shirt had drool all over the front–and the inside! Haha he's such a cutie and the drool was no big deal–I'm the oldest of nine, remember, so I've dealt with babies before. Drool I can deal with; spit up? Nope, that's a deal breaker, haha! :) All in all, it was a fantastic trip and I'm so glad I was able to go.

I know that Heavenly Father blessed me to be able to catch up on my reading for English, and I know that He kept me safe on tour–I had trouble with steps all throughout spring break and tour. On Monday, at home, I tripped up our front stairs outside–We only have two and I didn't even get to the second one. I cut my big toe and my second toe on my right foot pretty bad. So it was sore all throughout tour, but I didn't even really notice it unless I hit my toes on something. So that was a blessing. I know that Heavenly Father was watching out for me–I am accident-prone and when I tripped, it could've been worse, but it wasn't. I know He loves me, and I'm so grateful for Him and for His Son. 

No comments:

Post a Comment