Sunday, January 31, 2016

It will all be okay.

Now, I know I already posted today, but that was about my birthday. :)

This weekend was stake conference, and there were many messages shared that I needed to hear, so I will just share some of my favorites.

-We are not converted to the church but to the Gospel of Jesus Christ.
-The Plan of Happiness (or Salvation) was created for families.
-Conversion is a process.
-God gives us commandments because He loves us. He wants us to grow and become a better person.
-Be a Latter-day Saint.
-Sanctification is a process.
-Sanctification is yielding our hearts to God.
-Never give up on yourself.
-The body and spirit are the soul of man.
-We are dual beings. We have a physical body and a spiritual body.
-Heavenly Father speaks us through our spirits by way of the Holy Ghost. Only you can discern his voice for yourself.
-God loves us, speaks to us, guides us, and teaches us.
-He will guide you along your path.
-Stay in tune.
-Let the Holy Spirit be your guide.
-All good things in your life come from a loving Heavenly Father.
-He knows you better than you do.
-Be a little more. A little more Christlike, a little more patient, a little more loving, a little more kind, etc.
-When we open our hearts and souls to the Lord, He will change us.
-The Gospel changes everything. The Gospel is full of effort every day.
-We must return with honor, and we must bring someone with us.

Those were all great messages, but these ones are the ones that I really needed to hear:
-Heavenly Father loves you.
-He has given you the gift of the Holy Ghost.
-Pray to Him! He knows you and loves you.
-It will all be okay.

That last message–It will all be okay–is my favorite. I really needed that message, and I'm so grateful that Sister Carden shared it with us Saturday night. It's been an edifying and uplifting weekend and I am so grateful for the messages that our leaders shared with us. I am so grateful for my Savior, and for my Heavenly Father, and for Their hands in my life. I am glad that I can count on Them because They know what is best for me, and They know how to help me change and become the great person that They know I can be. I am not perfect, but I am trying to be the best that I can be. <3

No comments:

Post a Comment