Sunday, January 24, 2016

A collection of simple messages. :)

There were lots of great messages today!! So I am just going to post them in bullet list form. :-)

Sacrament meeting: Specifically about missionary work/mission prep, but it also works for the Gospel in general:
  • To be able to teach, we must first love the student.
  • All refining comes with a price.
  • The Plan of Salvation would be void without the Atonement of Jesus Christ.
  • You know more than you think you know. 
  • Doctrine and Covenants 38:30-"If ye are prepared ye shall not fear."

Relief Society: Simplicity ("It Works Wonderfully" by President Uchtdorf):
To become converted, you have to actively live the Gospel. Develop your own testimony. Study the scriptures and pray. That is how you become converted. Conversion is a life-long process. :)

These are a couple of thoughts that I had after our lesson in Relief Society:
  • You are a child of God. And there is nothing that He wants more than for you to return and live with Him.
  • People often forget that we are all human, and humans make mistakes. God does not make mistakes–His Gospel is perfect. It is the people living the Gospel who are imperfect.
  • The message of the Gospel is love. It's the love that our Heavenly Parents and our Savior Jesus Christ has for each of us–They want us to return home to Them. 

I am trying so hard to be a good example. I'm trying so hard to be a better hand for the Lord. I'm not going to lie–sometimes it's difficult; sometimes it's really easy and fun. :-) Regardless of whether it's difficult or easy, it's always worth it to see a smile on someone else's face, or to make their life easier, or whatever the results end up being. 

Loving those you serve makes your life so much better. 

You know more than you think you know. Don't freak out so much. Take a breath and step back from your worries–believe me, I know how hard that is, but you can do it!–and think about it slowly and carefully. The answer will come to you in time. :)

The process of refining and changing yourself to be a better person comes with a price–you have to let go of who you were. I know that it is super difficult, but I also know that you can do it with the Lord's help and guidance. Trust me–Jesus Christ will help you, and He will not let you fail or fall. 


I know that this Gospel is true. I know that my Savior lives, and that He died so that we could all be saved. I know that He died so that we would never be alone in our troubles. I know that He sends people to us to help us. I know that He has sent me to help those around me. I know that conversion is a life-long process, and that your testimony can stop growing and disappear if you don't work on it daily. I know that God is always there for me. I know that He loves me. I know that He is always there for you; I know that He loves you. I know that you are a child of God–a daughter or son of an almighty King–and I know that He loves you with an infinite and endless love. That will never change. 

P.S. If you ever have any questions, you can ask me, or you can check out lds.org or mormon.org. These are a few of the Church's official sites. Mormon.org has a link where you can ask to meet with the missionaries. 

No comments:

Post a Comment