Friday, April 1, 2016

Because of Him, I can forgive myself.

I know it's only Friday, but I've been thinking about this all week and this picture that showed up in my newsfeed in Facebook yesterday was the clincher for a post.

So, Monday or Tuesday night, I realized that I hadn't updated my quote of the week. I wracked my brain for a quote, and I settled on one that my roommate kind of brought into my head the other night when I was having a rough time. My quote this week is, "Because He lives, I can forgive myself." He bled and died for me so that I wouldn't have to so long as I turn to Him. I turned to Him for something a long time ago, and I guess I've never really forgiven myself for it. It's hard to forgive yourself, isn't it? But, with His help, and because of Him, we can be forgiven by our Father in Heaven, and, subsequently, we can forgive ourselves. If our Heavenly Father has forgiven us, then He has forgotten it! We, unfortunately, can't forget it. But it serves as a reminder to us that we can be forgiven, and we can be whole again. The Savior can wipe away our tears of regret, as President Uchtdorf says in this picture. He is always going to be there for us, but only we can let Him in. <3

This is the picture that showed up in my newsfeed yesterday. 

No comments:

Post a Comment