Sunday, April 17, 2016

God hasn't given up on you.

Had a great last Sunday today!! We had some cute visitors (granddaughters of our stake high councilor) who sang "Gethsemane" beautifully during sacrament meeting. And several of my friends performed "Because I Have Been Given Much" and it was so good!! I had a great Sunday morning and I'm so blessed to have been able to live with and learn from and love the girls in my hall!! It's been a great freshmen year and I wouldn't change it for all the money in the world! ❤️

Some lessons I learned today:
In sacrament meeting about enduring to the end:-You have to prepare for trials now. -It's not enough to just have faith and pray. You have to also continually do good. 
My sweet friend Olivia shared these thoughts today in sacrament meeting:-It's not enough to endure. We must endure it well. -The Lord doesn't ask us to have a rock-solid testimony. He asks us to have faith and trust Him. -He gives us our trials because He loves us and wants us to grow.-Endure means to go about your life in faith.
One of my other friends, Shane, shared these:-We came here [to Earth] to be perfected.-You will only be able to endure if you face and overcome.-"We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence, then is not an act, but a habit." ~Aristotle.This next one he didn't say exactly like that but I still thought it was a good piece of advice:-God hasn't given up on you. So don't you [dare] give up on yourself.
In Sunday School we learned about the Allegory of the Olive Tree (Found in Jacob 5):
-God is never going to leave us.
-Christ has done everything He can for us, and He still wants to do so much more, even after we've fallen.
-You have to focus on the roots (the Gospel, your testimony of Christ, etc.).

Relief Society was SO GOOD YOU GUYS!!!! I'm going to miss learning from my favorite ladies.
-The church isn't led by men, but by Jesus Christ. He is the head of the church.
-The church has always had a prophet, seer, and revelator.
-Christ is always at the head, and directs the prophet.
-God passes on the to the prophet what we need to work on now in order to prepare for the future.
-We have to open our minds to the revelations of the prophet.
One of the topics we talked about was "In this day of spiritual famine, we can find spiritual abundance."
-We can't find the spiritual abundance if we don't listen to it.
-If we're humble and teachable, we can have the abundance come to us.
-We also have to look for it.
Another topic we had was "If we follow the teachings of the living prophets, we will not go amiss."
For this, we watched a video with a portion of a talk by Sister McConkie, and she said, "Following the prophet is always right."

I had a GREAT last Sunday with my ward. I love my ward so much, I love the girls in my hall so much, and I am so blessed to have had such a great freshmen year!! I heard many things today that strengthened my testimony and answered questions I've had recently. God is so good, guys. I know that He lives. I know that He loves, leads, and guides us. He loves us so much! Now and forever. I know that He will never leave us when we fall away. He is always waiting for us to come home. You can never fall far enough away that He will say, "It's a lost cause" and leave you to fend for yourself. I know that from personal experience. You can always come back to Him. He is just waiting for you! He loves you so much! He wants you to come home. I say these things in the name of Jesus Christ, amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment