Sunday, December 4, 2016

Above any other title or identity, you are a child of God.

I am so grateful for my ward!! I learned a lot of things today that I needed a reminder of. A reminder of who I am and who I can be.

My thoughts during the sacrament:
Christmastime is here, and oh how grateful I am! I am so blessed. I have an amazing family that I love with all my heart, I have awesome roommates and an awesome ward, and I have wonderful friends whom I love and adore. Above all, I have my Savior, who was born for me, who lived for me, who died for me so that I can live and have the strength to get through each and every day. I love Him and am so grateful for His love and guidance in my life. At the end of the day, He has helped me more times than I can count. I am so thankful for His example of how to live my life. I'm not perfect, but I try to be like Him, and I try to be His hands for those around me who need them.
I do it all year-round, but especially at Christmastime. Service is my favorite thing–after my friends and family, of course. :)

Today was fast Sunday, and many things were said in testimonies today that I loved:
-He lived, and still lives. He lived and died for us.
-The Savior needs you. He saw/sees our potential.
-When you struggle, do you speak to yourself like you speak to your family and friends?
-We have to turn to our Savior to turn on the Light.
-If God says it is to be so, it is. If Christ thought that we were worth it to die for, we are.
-Above any other title or identity, we are sons and daughters of God.

Gospel Principles was so fulfilling. We talked about light, and the Sabbath Day, and one thing that was said really stood out to me: The way we heal others is by leading them to Christ. I loved that. Christ is really the only one who can heal, so the way we heal others is by leading them to Christ.

Relief Society was about following Christ, and how He can help us, and how He does help us.
-Jesus Christ understands us and He is there for us.
-No matter what, you still have worth.
-"If we love the Savior more, will we hurt less?" (Elder Hales, Oct. 2016)
-You are not an exception. You are definitely included in the Savior's sacrifice–He suffered for you, and He will help you change and return to Heavenly Father.
-John 14:18–"I will not leave you comfortless. I will come to you."
-You're already enough. He cares about who and what you are and can become.
-Christ is the way.
-Christ will complete you, and He is completing you.
-Refining does not take away from your worth.
-Christ constantly has to watch us–heating/refining too much can ruin the silver/us.
-We need to make Him our priority. We were His priority.
-He wants us to love Him and to return to Him.

I am so grateful for what I learned today. I definitely learned a lot of things that I can do better in my life. I'm grateful for the opportunities I have daily in my life to change and be more like Christ. I'm far from perfect and am glad that I have help from my Savior to change and become better.

I love the month of December. Christmas is probably my favorite holiday of all time. Not because I get gifts, but because I get to give gifts and service to my favorite people of all time: my family and friends. Also random people, but mostly family and friends. I love spending time with my family and friends, and I love the opportunity that I have to share the love of my Savior with my family and friends. I hope that this holiday season will be a great one for you and your family. I love you and wish you the very best in these upcoming weeks. I know that our Heavenly Father loves you and is watching out for you. You are His child, and He loves you so much. Turn to Him in all your times of need. He will be there for you, I promise. <3


Xoxo
Mattie

No comments:

Post a Comment