Sunday, April 2, 2017

Perfect love casteth out fear.

Conference weekend has happened once again! Loved the messages this weekend! Grateful that I had the opportunity to come home and hang out with my family (however rambunctious the boys became during the last session). Here are a bunch of my favorite quotes from this wonderful conference weekend!

"In a darkening world, the light of the gosepl will shine brighter and brighter until the perfect day." ~Elder Bragg

"Faith is a practical principle that inspires diligence." ~Elder Soares

"We embody Christ in not only what we say and do, but in who we are." ~Elder Hales

"Diversity is not cacophony."
"The loss of even one voice diminishes every other singer in this great mortal choir."
"Remember it is by divine design that not all of the voices in God's choir are the same. Don't disparage uniqueness."
"There is room in this choir for all who wish to be here." ~Elder Holland

"In order to be all in, we need to stand up inside."
"We may need to let go of the world so we can hang on to eternity." ~Elder Sabin

"Children are great imitators, so give them something great to imitate." ~Sister Jones

"Things work out when we stand firm in the trial of our faith." ~Elder Clayton

Fear doesn't change hearts.
"In the face of fear, let us find courage, muster our faith.."
The pure love of Christ is the antidote to fear. ~President Uchtdorf

"Sometimes those who raise a warning voice are dismissed as judgmental."
To warn is to care.
"Then Jesus, beholding him, loved him."
"Because of this love, and with this love, Jesus asked even more of him." ~Elder Palmer

"We should not be surprised by what may seem like 'small things' because of their simple and repetitive nature."
"Conversion to the gospel does not mean all our problems will be solved." ~Elder Cook

Hope you had a great weekend and that you have a great week!! I'm struggling with the last couple weeks of the semester and I am frightened for finals but hopefully I'll be able to get through them! I'm looking forward to reading the talks again in the upcoming months (at lds.org. Join me in reading them again!). I'm grateful for the prophets and leaders and for their inspiring thoughts and messages this weekend. A few of the overall messages that I heard/noticed were that we need to love everyone, perfect love casteth out fear, and faith is an essential principle of power. I'm grateful for my Heavenly Father and for the messages that touched me this weekend. I hope that I will be able to apply the lessons and become a better person.

Xoxo
Mattie

No comments:

Post a Comment