Sunday, September 23, 2018

Do we love God even through the hard times?

Well it's been quite a week! I found out I have to get a root canal! 😩 So that's not exciting. If you could please pray for me, my appointment is Tuesday morning at 11:30. 

Aside from that, however, it was a pretty uneventful week. This weekend, though, was pretty eventful! BYU won our football game against McNeese State, so that was awesome!! I loved cheering for my Cougars!! #proudtobleedblue But I was so unmotivated yesterday!!!! Ugh!! I have a lot of things due this week and I didn't get nearly as much done as I wanted to. 😞  It doesn't help that I've been super tired the last couple of days. I think it's because I've been taking a lot of meds for the pain from my tooth...and it seems like they make me sleepy. 😴

ANYWAY. Enough about my life this week. 

Heavenly Father. He's amazing. He really is. I'm blessed that I was able to get an appointment for the root canal so soon. Like, I literally went to the dentist last Wednesday, called the endodontist's office on Thursday, and got an appointment for Tuesday morning. #blessings

I also was able to make a list of all the things I've got due this week. So even though I didn't get as much done as I wanted, I know exactly what I need to do for homework this week and by what day. #smallvictories

And the best part of the week was the fact that I was able to spend some time with an older gentleman in the rehab center I've started volunteering in for one of my classes, and he reminded me so much of my Great-Grandpa Harker. It was just such a blessing, and brought back some great memories. #familiesareforever

I was thinking during the sacrament today, as I always do. It's a beautiful time I have each week to ponder, and prepare for the upcoming week. 

Today I was thinking about how sometimes it's hard to remember all the things that I have covenanted with my Heavenly Father. And I'm sure that, during the week, I have not done all that I should do. But I am grateful for the opportunity I have each Sunday to partake of the sacrament, and be cleansed, and renew my covenants with Him. I am grateful for all of the chances that He has given me, and continues to give me, to try again. It just reaffirms to me how important I am to Him, and how much He loves me, if He keeps giving me chances to try again and do what's right every day. Some people don't get it–they don't get what I believe, and they judge my church, and my beliefs, when they don't don't even know what my church is really about–but honestly, when it comes down to it, I don't care. I don't care, because they haven't honestly taken the time to try and understand. They see what they want to see. They don't see what I see. They don't know what I believe. I know what I believe, and I know my Heavenly Father. He is a loving God–a loving Father–who gives all of His children blessings, and opportunities to better themselves. But we all have the ability to choose for ourselves what we do, how we live, and what we believe. I am blessed to have a wonderful support system of friends and family who believe what I do, but also one of loved ones who support my decisions and beliefs, whether or not they agree with them. 

"True ministering is accomplished one by one with love as the motivation." ~Sister Bingham, April 2018 General Conference
I loved this quote that was brought up in Relief Society today!!! I am SO SURE that the answer to all of the world's problems is ministering as the Savior did and does!! One by one, and with love!! 

Something that was brought up near the end of Relief Society really stuck with me... Heavenly Father is always aware of me. Am I as consistently aware of Him?

Sunday School was awesome. Someone said something that I LOVED!!!!! We were talking about Job (who lost literally everything he had in life and he still loved and worshipped God with all of his heart, and then he was blessed in the end with everything he had lost and more replaced), and so we were talking about why bad things happen to good people. And someone said that, "The test of a true disciple is: do we love God even through the hard times????" I loved that!!!! We are imperfect people living in an imperfect world, and sometimes life happens. Sometimes we're put into the refiner's fire to learn and be taught, and be crafted into a new version of us. But we have to have faith that the blessings will come. It's easy to love and trust in God when life is good. But do we love Him even when life is hard? Do we love and trust Him enough to have the faith not be healed? Do we have the faith to take His will into account? 

Even though things aren't always going to go right, we can have faith that God knows everything, and He loves us! He has our best interests at heart, and He is always right beside us! He lifts us when we can't stand or walk on our own, and He will never let us down. 

I'm blessed to have the best people in my life right now, and I'm so, so, so thankful for the blessings I've received this week. I know that God is watching out for me, and I know that He loves me so much. I love Him and am so blessed to be able to call on Him when I need to, and I am so blessed to be able to depend on Him to help me when I need it. 

I hope you have an amazing week! Life is wonderful–you just have to look! ðŸ’œ

Xoxo
Mattie

No comments:

Post a Comment