Sunday, September 9, 2018

Blessings come in all shapes and sizes.

My first week of my senior year of college is done!! It looks like it's going to be a good semester! Busy, yes, but good! I've been feeling a little under the weather the last couple of days, so that hasn't been fun, but I've been able to rest a lot this weekend, so that has helped a lot.

I've learned a lot this week!! In a lot of different aspects, but especially in the spiritual aspect. I've learned that God blesses you when you are trying to do your best. I have been trying to read my scriptures every day this week, and that made it easier to get through this first week of school, especially with me being under the weather. I have also been able to depend on my friends this week. That has been such a blessing. My roommate was able to give me a ride home from the concert I went to on Friday, and I was able to get a ride to and from my friend's reception yesterday from my friends who went to it as well. I was able to have some bonding time with my roommate this weekend, and that was fun. I have some adventures to look forward to this semester, and that makes me really excited! :)

This week has made me excited for the rest of the semester, but also a little nervous! Haha but I'm hoping that I'll be able to stay ahead of the game and that I'll be able to do my best. I am hoping that I won't need to do any homework on Sundays this year since I don't have classes on Fridays, and I can just work on my homework while I'm at work (#blessthecomputerlab), and then I can finish anything I don't get done on Saturdays. I know that God is looking out for me because I just felt like I needed more hours for homework last winter and so I tried to make sure that I would get more hours for homework this semester and it has worked really well so far! I finished all of Monday's homework and half of Tuesday's homework yesterday! So I'm going to try really hard to keep up with homework  this semester. And I'm going to make time for studying my scriptures each day.

I got a blessing earlier this week and in the blessing, I was told that Heavenly Father loves me so much, and as I turn to Him, He will help me with any trials I have. And as I try to be healthy, I will feel better and be healthier. I have seen that a little bit already, and I am excited to see it throughout the rest of the semester.

I'm really, really grateful for the things I've been through this week. They've helped me realize that God is looking out for me. I am so excited to see what this semester (and year!) will bring me!!
God puts people in our lives for a reason. I know this, because as I've met people here at college, and in my apartments, I have been BLESSED!!!! I have been SO thankful for the people that I have met, and the friendships that I have made. It has been so wonderful knowing that I can turn to them for anything, and knowing that they love me NO MATTER WHAT is the biggest blessing ever. Knowing that I can be myself has helped me open up a lot. I have been through a lot the last year or so...and it's been difficult...but I've learned that I need to turn to and depend on my Savior and my Heavenly Father...and I've learned that He will bless me. I've learned that sometimes you need outside help, and that's okay. I've learned that you will always make mistakes, but as you learn from them, you'll get better at making better decisions next time. I've learned that sometimes it's easier to go slow than you'd maybe like, but if you are patient, things will work out in a way that you never imagined, and looking back, it was the best blessing ever.

I've learned that it's good to have hope! It's good to be hopeful! But it's also good to take your time, and make sure that what you are going for is what you need. It's easy to want things, but sometimes, looking back, you realize that it was a mistake. Luckily God will be there to help you clean up.

God is always going to be there for you. I am so blessed! I think I've been feeling Him more in the past couple of weeks! I'm so grateful for His hand in my life!! I'm so grateful for His love and mercy! I'm so grateful for His sacrifice, and for the way that He shows me that He is really there, and He really cares.

I don't know what the future holds in store for me, and sometimes that terrifies me. But I know that God is going to be there for me, and I know that I can depend on Him. And I know that I just need to be patient. Which is easier said than done, I know, but I have had some experiences this week that have let me know that: the right people are worth waiting for; the right experiences are worth waiting for; and the right blessings are worth waiting for. I don't think I'm automatically going to be patient all of the time, but for now....for now, I think I can be patient–at least for a little while. And I know that God will be beside me the whole time, and when I need Him, He will be there immediately.

I hope you guys have a wonderful week! Remember that God loves you, and blesses you each and every day!! I love you and hope you have a relaxing Sunday!

Xoxo
Mattie

No comments:

Post a Comment