Sunday, July 20, 2014

Missionaries.

This summer, I've seen a lot of friends' mission farewells and I have a couple more later this summer. And I'm sad that they're leaving, but I know that they will be great missionaries. I know that they are well-prepared and that they will love and serve the people in the places they've been called to. Missionary work is a great part of our gospel. I'm grateful for all the missionaries who have sacrificed their time to serve The Lord by sharing His gospel. I know that they are blessed and that The Lord prepares people to hear the message of the gospel—sometimes from specific people. D&C 31: 3 "Lift up your heart and rejoice, for the hour of your mission is come; and your tongue shall be loosed, and you shall declare glad tidings of great joy unto this generation." I know that my friends will be blessed in the mission field and later in life because of their service. I still am not sure if I want to serve a mission yet, but I know I've got some great examples to look up to if I decide to go. 

No comments:

Post a Comment