Sunday, October 26, 2014

Charity.

So, today sacrament meeting was bittersweet because we received a new bishopric. I'm excited to get to know the new bishopric, but I'm going to miss the old one; I didn't fully cry, but I did get teary-eyed.

Today in Sunday School and Young Women's we learned about how to be more Christlike. I was like, "Ding, ding ding! This is what my blog is about." We read from one or two of President Uchtdorf's talks; we read the one where he says, "This topic of judging others could actually be taught in a two-word sermon. When it comes to hating, gossiping, ignoring, ridiculing, holding grudges, or wanting to cause harm, please apply the following: Stop it! It's that simple. We simply have to stop judging others and replace judgmental thoughts and feelings with a heart full of love for God and His children." And I love this! Yes, it is sometimes difficult, but I have been getting better at it! I look at or think of people I admire and love and I think, "They're a child of God. He loves them like He loves me. They chose to come to earth; they chose His plan, too," and it makes me happy. We also talked about charity, and service, and how, if we serve people more, we can learn to love them. It's hard not to love someone once you've served them and helped them. Charity is the pure love of Christ, and as we serve people, we come to be more like Christ, we grow closer to Him, and we come to understand those that we serve better.

No comments:

Post a Comment