Wednesday, October 22, 2014

He is There.

This is different from what I normally write, but I feel like it is something I should write.
So I know sometimes we all go through really bad experiences and we want them to go away, and sometimes people get so depressed and want to (or do) commit suicide, and that makes me sad, and so I decided to write a poem about it (and some music for the poem that I might post later). I've never been depressed, but I've been in a really deep and dark place, and I thought I couldn't get out, but I turned to my Savior and now I know that there is hope--I know sometimes it's hard to believe, but I know it--I didn't think so at first, but there is hope! And there isn't anything we can't do if we have Christ with us because with God, all things are possible.
He is There by Mattie Radke
Sadness swirls within me;
I cannot see the light ahead.
I stumble through the darkness, trying not to fall;
I fail, and fall miserably--deep, deep, and down. 
I try to get up, but I'm so lost--I can't tell up from down. 
I start to cry--am I alone? I feel like I am. 
Suddenly, I hear it. It's small, but it's there. 
A teeny, tiny voice, saying, "It's all right--I'm here."
I sob because I cannot find the source. 
I stand where I am and sob and sob. 
I begin to walk, because I can't sit still. 
I hear the voice again. It's gotten a little stronger. 
"It's all right," He says. "I'm here for you," He says. 
I don't believe Him. I can't seem to find or see Him. 
"I'm here," He insists gently. 
My sobs quiet down to gentle cries. 
I think I see a tiny light. 
Now it's a little bigger. 
"I said I was here, didn't I?" He says. 
I turn around. 
There He is. 
My Savior. 
He's holding out His hand for me to take. 
I begin to cry again and slowly walk towards Him. 
I take His hand, and together we walk towards the light. 
I did not know where I was; I still do not. 
But He knew. 
He was watching out for me the whole time. 
I know sometimes it's hard to believe, but it's true:
Jesus Christ loves and is watching out for YOU.

So, I want you to know that I am so, so thankful for Jesus Christ because He still loves me. I did something so, SO awful (for me) and He still loves me. I want you to know that when I say you can do it with Him, I mean it. With Him, we can! Please, please, don't try to do it by yourself, because--speaking from experience--it doesn't work. Please turn to Him--He is waiting for you, watching you, and looking out for you. He loves you very, very much, and I do, too, so please, please, please turn to Him. Also, the LDS church released a video about suicide prevention, and it is a good video. You can find the link here.

No comments:

Post a Comment