Sunday, October 19, 2014

"The past can hurt...you can either run from it, or learn from it."

I hope you guys are enjoying my blog! I hope it's been helpful and edifying to you because it's helping me to express my love and appreciation for my Savior and for His gospel.

So, we've had lots of flies this year that are super, super annoying, and I was just thinking that they're kind of like our temptations/sins. The flies have been super in-your-face and on-your-face and bothersome, and that's kind of like temptation/sin sometimes. Temptations are often in-your-face/on-your-face (although not always! Sometimes they're so silent you don't even notice them) and they are quite bothersome. And sins--well, the reminders of sins--are sometimes in-your-face because Satan likes to remind us that we're not perfect. Well, news flash, Satan--we already knew that! Nobody is perfect but we are trying really hard to be more like our Savior so that we can return to live with our Heavenly Father. I'm not saying it's bad to remember your sins, because we need to learn from our mistakes, but don't focus on them too much. I know it's hard not to--believe me--and sometimes they seem so bad to us, and we're worried we won't be able to return, but I have a theory. Now, this isn't doctrine, just a theory I have--I think that those who worry about whether or not they will be able to return are the ones who oftentimes don't have to worry about it too much. Because you are showing an interest in whether or not you are worthy to return, this means that you are doing everything you can to become like Him so you can return. Again, this is just a theory I have, so it's possible it's either partially right or completely wrong. So long as you focus on being where you're supposed to be and doing what you're supposed to be doing; and so long as you never forget whose you are (Christ's) and you "remember, remember, that it is upon the rock of our Redeemer, who is Christ, the Son of God, that ye must build your foundation" (Helaman 5:12), you will be saved. Also, don't forget to repent! If you need to see your bishop, don't be afraid! He loves you very much and wants to help you! His door is open to you any time you need his help.

So, in summary: Nobody is perfect. Don't focus on your sins too much--like Rafiki in The Lion King said, "The past can hurt. But the way I see it, you can either run from it, or learn from it"--learn from them, but don't worry too much. Focus on what you're supposed to be doing. Focus on whose you are. Focus on who you want to become. And don't forget to repent!
Love to you all!!

--Mattie :)

No comments:

Post a Comment