Saturday, September 26, 2015

Today was kind of hard. But that's okay.

So, as the title says, today was kind of hard. But that's okay. Hard times make me stronger (though, I'm going to be honest, sometimes I wish I could become stronger in other ways). This morning was super fun–I went to rehearsal today and, though some of the pieces are challenging, I am excited. It's going to be so much fun!! Plus, I love spending time with my friend. :) After rehearsal, though, I was just so overwhelmed. I have a nature experience proposal due in Biology on Monday and I have absolutely NO idea what to do. It has been bothering me all day, and it is what has made today hard (that, plus the fact that my shoulders/back are super sore for who-knows-why and are killing me). But I was really looking forward to the General Women's Broadcast tonight. :) I was super excited!! I was not disappointed!! It was such a great session! I loved it! I am so excited for General Conference next weekend!! There were SO many good messages spoken that I needed to hear!!!

Sister Rosemary M. Wixom said:
Life is a gift, and God has a plan for each of us.
Our divine nature comes from God.
Because you are His child, He knows who you can become.
I love this. This is such a great reminder that we are His, and He has a plan for us, and all that we have been blessed with comes from Him. <3

Sister Linda S. Reeves said:
We will be blessed if we exercise faith in our Father and go to Him.
The reward is so great, so eternal...
As we keep our lives pure and clean...we will one day receive all that the Father hath.
I love this! We will be blessed as we keep His commandments–I love that she got emotional as she talked about how, when we see the Father in Heaven, we will be amazed at how awesome the reward is, and how all we had to do was get through our trials that seem extremely hard now, but, in the end, will be nothing compared to the reward. <3

Sister Carol F. McConkie said:
We must love one another and see in one another the beauty of the soul.
In the strength of the Lord we can do all things.
We repent so that we may be better.
"In this cause [FYI, she said that "we are here to serve a righteous cause"] we are all valued. We are all needed. The righteous cause we serve is the cause of Christ. It is the work of salvation."
I love this. I can't even add anything to it. <3

President Dieter F. Uchtdorf:
He told a story about a young girl who visited her Great-Aunt Rose over the summer while the girl's mother recovered from a surgery. These are some of the things he said as he told the story:
If we trust Him, we can find the brighter, happier things in life.
The best things take patience and work.
Brooding and worrying makes it worse. (this stood out to me in particular. <3 <3 <3)
God didn't design us to be sad. He created us to have joy.
Now is part of eternity. 
Faith will fortify every step of the way.
I love President Uchtdorf! This was such a good talk! I loved the story! Such a cute story, and very relatable. <3 <3

I absolutely LOVED this session!!!! God is watching out for me and He knows exactly what I need. <3 <3 <3 Can't wait for next weekend!!!

Xoxo
Mattie

No comments:

Post a Comment