Sunday, December 1, 2019

God never promised life without heartache.

Happy December! Wow! Can you believe it is the last month of the year 2019 already?? I swear the year just started! This year has had a whole lot of ups and downs, and I have been through so much already! Here's just a small sample:

  • This year, I started my last semester of college! And then I also graduated college!
  • I went through the temple for the first time and then upped my temple attendance throughout the rest of the year! I've learned so much from the temple and my testimony of the power of the temple and of my Heavenly Father and my Savior has grown so much over the course of this year! 💜
  • I turned 22, bought my second car, entered two posters in BYU's Fulton Conference and had one of them win FIRST PLACE!
  • I had to get an appendectomy! That was a rough couple of days. 
  • My family and I went to Vernal, Utah for our family vacation! It was amAAAAzing!!
  • In July, I went on a trip to New York with my friend! 
  • I started my first full-time job post-college and have been living the dream ever since!
  • I saw Wicked TWO TIMES this year–once was in New York and it was absolutely phenomenal because we had front row seats!!
  • "Even when it has been dark for days, the Son always comes." (Me, 07.23.2019)
  • With my family and extended family on my mom's side, we went to the Dinosaur Park in Ogden, Utah for our family reunion! It was a blast!
  • In September, my coworkers picked me for teacher of the month! It was such a blessing!!
  • I got into a relationship with my current boyfriend, who is the sweetest, kindest, most respectful and thoughtful guy ever! I am sure grateful for him in my life!
  • I celebrated the one year anniversary of getting my first car (#KingRupertMayHeRestInPeace).
  • I made a Facebook page for my blog! (Yes, this blog!)
  • Went to Salt Lake City for the October conference Saturday morning session.
  • Went to my first BYU Spectacular as an Alumni! Ben Rector and Hilary Weeks were AMAZING!!
  • I got to meet KRISTIN CHENOWETH AT A BOOK SIGNING!!! This was definitely one of the highlights of my year!
  • I got to go to the temple with my younger brother for our sister's wedding. It was a very special day. The First Three, all in the temple together for a sealing. 
  • I got to see Frozen II twice in November! I have always loved Frozen and Frozen II is BETTER! I loved it so much and can't wait to buy it when it comes out on DVD/Blu-Ray!
  • Thanksgiving was amazing! Yummy turkeys and pies!
  • I have been working on trying to figure out/remember MY JOB. The one that God gave ME. No one else. Me. He has given me everything I need to do it. I just need to get up and do it (once, of course, I know what it is. I have some ideas but nothing certain yet. Gotta keep praying).
  • I learned that LOVE is the answer to all things. Love was the common theme this year. And my self-love increased much this year.
  • This year, my mental health journey has had some cRaAaAZzyy times! I have had some pretty amazing breakthroughs and beautiful thoughts, though, and I am very proud of the progress that I have made!
  • I learned a lot about God's blessings for me, and about His plans, timing, and how everything has its time and season.
  • Now it is December! Time for #LightTheWorld, the Christmas story, Christ's birth, finding Christmas presents for my loved ones (without breaking the bank/going overboard), and remembering the reason for the season.
There is so much to be thankful for! I have had such an amazing year! There have been so many ups!!! But there have also been many downs. Because one cannot know joy without knowing sorrow. One cannot know up without knowing down. And God never promised us a life without heartache. There has been (and will always be) some heartache in my life this year. And that will never change. There will always be heartache. But that's okay. I just need to remember to pray for peace and love, and to hope for a better tomorrow. And to keep my chin up, because there are far more happy days than sad days. I just need to remember to focus on the happy days and not let the sad days ruin the rest of the days. 

I cannot wait to see where the rest of this year takes me, and to see what's in store for me in 2020! I have a feeling next year is going to be my best year yet! 

Xoxo
Mattie

No comments:

Post a Comment