Friday, February 27, 2015

Life isn't always easy.

Well, this week was pretty eventful. Yesterday in PE, we had a couple of marine corps guys come and we did this really vigorous obstacle course; it was a competition, and my team lost, so we had to do it again. I hadn't even fully recovered from the first time around, and I had to do it again?! I was super frustrated, and I was having a hard time breathing. Part of the obstacle course was we had two little ammo boxes filled with sand, weighing thirty pounds each, and we had to carry them and run down the gym and back. I honestly could not breathe and I thought I was having a panic attack/hyperventilating. When I finally finished it the second time around, I was panting so hard, and taking deep breaths, and trying to calm my body down. I went to get a drink, and that sort of helped, but only while I was drinking. For the rest of the day, I had trouble breathing. All throughout flex and lunch I was coughing and coughing. It was so bad...I honestly thought I was going to get asthma. I know it's not something you 'get' but I really thought I was going to get it, my breathing was so bad.

Life isn't always easy. There are always going to be obstacles in our paths, and just when we've finished one, another one is right around the corner. There will always be times where we can't breathe, so to speak. But, unlike my experience, our Living Water, Jesus Christ, will always help us. Our Lifeguard walks on water. He controls the storms and the waters. He will help us breathe, and He will help us drink and eat. He is the Bread of Life, and He is the Living Water. This is why, when we take the sacrament, we use bread and water in remembrance of Him. Even though life is crazy, and we sometimes don't get breathers between obstacles on our path, we can always count on our Savior to be there to help us. He walks on water, and He sees the bigger picture. He can and will help us through our troubled times if we let Him.

No comments:

Post a Comment