Saturday, July 18, 2015

You don't have to try so hard.

I turned on my music to listen to, as I always do before bedtime. The second song that came on was "Try" by Colbie Caillat. The last stanza is my favorite:
Take your make-up off
Let your hair down
Take a breath
Look into the mirror, at yourself
Don't you like you?
'Cause I like you
And I just felt like God was talking to me, speaking to me. I've had a bit of a rough week, and I've had a kind of tough time with myself. I have a forehead that looks like the sky at night, and it's only a recent development, and I've been kind of...sensitive about it, I guess, even though no one has commented on it. And I guess...Yesterday my dad's work had a field day, and there was this really cute guy at the juggling booth, but he first thought that Porter was my son, so that was really embarrassing–I just felt kind of bad about myself. And I just am so glad that Heavenly Father is there for me. I am so glad that He loves me, and takes time to let me know that I'm perfect the way I am, and that there is no reason why I shouldn't like myself, because He loves me. I found this picture the other day, and I absolutely love it!!!


I just love this so much!! God worked so hard to make us the way that He wants us to be!! It makes Him sad when we don't love ourselves because He worked so hard and made us the way that He wants us to be. And He made us perfectly. We are perfect in His eyes, and we shouldn't ever try to change who we are because we are who we are because He made us that way. You don't have to try so hard, guys. We all make mistakes, and we are all imperfect people, but we are perfect to Him, and that's enough for me. 

No comments:

Post a Comment