Sunday, August 9, 2015

After much tribulation, blessings come.

"For after much tribulation come the blessings." ~Doctrine and Covenants 58: 4
I love this scripture! We all have trials, and they’re always difficult and hard to go through, but as you turn to Him, the blessings will come. <3
"Some blessings come soon, some come late, and some don’t come until heaven; but for those who embrace the gospel of Jesus Christ, they come." ~Elder Jeffrey R. Holland
Trials are really difficult.

They're always difficult.

But they make us stronger.

Sometimes things that don't seem like trials are trials, and you wonder what you can learn from it.

Currently, my biggest trial is biting my nails. I am super nervous for college, but I must be way more nervous than I thought because I keep biting my nails and it's really bad. It's really painful sometimes, and I just don't know what I can do to stop! I've tried everything, and some will work for a little while but then I go back to biting them. I think that this trial is teaching me patience and determination. I am determined to stop biting, but it is taking a long time; I have to have patience and I have to work on it consciously. I have to tell myself to stop biting my nails.

Another trial that I am having is studying my scriptures. This trial is also teaching me determination and patience (I am determined to make it a better habit, but it is taking time), but it is also teaching me time management. I have to manage my time so that I will have time for my scripture study, but also for my school studies once I start college.

There are tons of trials in our lives, and they will always teach us something–whether it be now, or later; whether we realize what we are learning or not. Whatever our circumstances, trials will always teach us something, and blessings will always, always come. Blessings come after a trial of our faith.

No comments:

Post a Comment