Sunday, August 2, 2015

Keeping the Sabbath day holy with our families.

Today in Relief Society we talked about how to keep the Sabbath day holy more fully. We talked about a lot of different things, like how we should prepare on Saturday so that Sunday is less stressful. We also talked about how the Sabbath day was made for man–it's a gift from God to us. We also talked about how oftentimes we talk about what we can't do on the Sabbath. We should start talking about the things we can do. We can spend more time with family, and we can spend more time studying our scriptures. Some of the ladies talked about how they play games with their families. Yes we can't do some things, but we choose not to do those things. Sunday is a day of rest from the world. I think that that means that we should spend time with our families...I'm trying to think of a way to say this, but I can't figure it out...I'm trying to say that spending time with our families is opposite of what the world wants us to do, especially on Sundays. Families are important to us. They're a central part of the Plan of Salvation. 

Sundays are important. It's important to go to church, to remember our covenants with the Lord. Sundays should be spent resting, remembering our Savior, and building our relationships with our family, and with Heavenly Father and Jesus Christ. We get to be with our families forever. We should spend time learning to love them more. 

The Lord loves us so much that He gave us a day of rest from the rest of the week. I don't know about you, but my weeks are full of stuff–I'm always so busy doing things. It is so nice to be able to relax on Sunday, not having to worry about anything that I usually do during the week. I'm so grateful for the Sabbath day, and I'm so grateful that I get to spend time with my family on Sundays. (At least for now. I don't know what I'll do on Sundays when I'm off at college...Well, we'll see how that goes, I guess.) I'm so thankful that Heavenly Father gave us a day of rest. If I didn't have Sundays to rest, I think I'd be run a lot more ragged than I am. It's nice to have a day where I don't have to worry about what I did last week, or what I'll be doing this upcoming week. I'm so grateful that I have a loving Heavenly Father who cares about me and wants me not only to succeed, try, and try again, but also to rest, so He gave me a day to rest from six days of successes, trials, and errors. 

No comments:

Post a Comment