Friday, August 7, 2015

Singing and blessings.

Hey!! I don't remember if I told you guys that I auditioned to be able to sing the song "Together" at the movie premiere of Once I Was A Beehive and have my version of that song recorded for the soundtrack. ANYWAY, that's what happened. And I got to the top fifty and I was so excited!! So I told everyone to share/vote for me, and they all tried so hard, I'm so grateful for them, but I didn't move on to the top ten. And I never checked back because I felt really, really sad. So, I was on Facebook earlier today, and the Facebook page for the movie shared the video of the person who won. I just have to say that she has a really good voice, but I'm just really sad. Because guess why? The girl who won....is eleven years old. And I was on Facebook a few minutes ago, and this picture popped up and just made me want to cry and cry:


It made me want to cry because this is now the third time that I've auditioned for something and I haven't gotten in/it. The first two times I auditioned for the school's talent show, and I didn't get it. Right before the first one, though (I think it was the first one, anyway), I got the solo in our stake's "Stand In Holy Places" production, and that made me so, so happy! Anyway, so I didn't get into the talent show, and that made me sad. And now I didn't get the movie thing, and I got beat by an eleven-year-old. Is God telling me that I shouldn't go into music with my voice?? I don't know, and it's making me sad and frustrated. (Also, just FYI–I have been crying a bit as I've been writing this. I'm okay, but I just haven't let out my feelings about not moving on in the competition and I feel like I need to do that.)

I know He loves me, but I just feel like all of these things aren't a coincidence, and I don't know what to do. I absolutely LOVE singing, and I don't know what I'll do if I can't do something with it for the rest of my life. I mean, yes, I love playing the violin, but I also love singing, and I have been singing for longer than I have been performing, and I am just so confused. 

I'm going to start praying and studying my scriptures about this; see if I can find an answer. 

OH!!!! I remember where I was going to go with this. I think I didn't get the movie thing because I'm still a little sick, and singing/talking is hard for me because I keep coughing. Blech! :/ 

ANYWAY.

I'm getting off topic (I do that a lot, in case you haven't noticed). The point of this post was not to cry (though I often cry while writing because I am an emotional person, especially lately since I'm going to college in less than three weeks. EEEK!!!); it was to let you know that God has bigger things planned for you. He has greater things in store. I'm so grateful that He can see ahead on my life's path, because sometimes I get so caught up in the now, and in the past, that sometimes I forget that there's so much more out there for me. I'm so much more than who I was, and who I am. I can be a greater person than I am. God knows what He is doing, and He is guiding me to who He needs me to be and who He knows I can be. 

All of these trials are going to make me a better person. I normally know that, but right now I have faith that they will because sometimes I don't know things; sometimes I just have faith. I know that all of these things will make me a better person and help me in the future. I say these things in the name of Jesus Christ, amen. 

No comments:

Post a Comment