Thursday, August 27, 2015

God is looking out for you.

HEY!!!
SO!!! I moved in yesterday!! :D
My roommate's name is Sabrina, and she's really nice; she's from Illinois, which is fun!

Yesterday, I did a couple of things:

I had lunch by myself (Gonna be honest. I was okay at first, but when I sat down by myself, and realized I was alone, I cried a tiny bit).

Then I asked where my mailbox was (sadly, I bawled like a baby. That poor woman at the desk! But she was really nice and even had tissues for me :) ), and tried to open it, but it was too high (and I forgot my lanyard has a clip) so I just gave up.

Then, I think I went to the HFAC and asked about the orchestra auditions–the orchestras that are non audition are actual classes, so maybe next semester?

Then I went to the BYU bookstore to pick up my textbooks.

Then I went to the Library and checked out a couple of books. :) I'll probably be there a lot... ;)

Then I went back to my room and chilled until about 6, when I went to the Cannon Center for a Helaman party!! I met several people here, and made three new (close) friends, with whom I had a FANTASTIC night, and a lot of new acquaintances. There were carnival games, food (hot dogs, cotton candy, etc.), pie eating contests (kind of lame; they only had to eat one piece with no hands), music, dancing later, and a magician!! He was so cool!! (Drew was way impressed hahaha!) Then he made us balloon animals and that was really fun!

Today was orientation day #1. I am group Red 8. We have a fun group! I've made several friends. :) We walked a LOT. We walked up hill, down hill, up stairs, down stairs, into buildings, back out of buildings, etc. My feet are KILLING me and my legs are so sore!! But it's been fun! There were a couple of freshman-wide "devotionals" (they weren't really a devotional, but I don't know what else to call them...) that were really cool.

Then we went to the football stadium for our Y picture, and for an intro to some of the athletic programs, and for the lighting of the Y on Y mountain!!! SO cool!!

It's been a great two days!! (Even though I keep getting lost, losing my friends, and forgetting things. ;) )

I just wanted to let you guys know that everything is going great and I'm having a good time. :)

I also wanted to let you know that God loves you, and He is looking out for you. It might not always be when you want–and you may even not want to go and do anything so that He can bless you–but He is always looking out for you and He cares so much about you, even if it's a little thing such as you got blisters on your ankles and needed bandaids, or you needed someone to talk to because you'd been alone all day (that someone could either be a friend you really, really, really missed even though you just talked with her on Monday; oooorrrr it could be a cute guy...Luckily, I got both. ;) ).

Whatever your problems, He is there. I testify that He loves you and will help you if you ask Him and if you try and go and do things–He can't help you if you're sitting on your bed doing nothing. Be proactive! I know He that loves you so much! Please turn to Him!! He will help you and bless you. <3

Xoxo
Mattie

No comments:

Post a Comment