Sunday, September 18, 2016

As long as you put the Lord first, everything will be okay.

Today's been a great day! Very uplifting and enlightening.

My thoughts during the sacrament:
This week was a struggle. I struggled so hard in so many things. It was quite a stressful week and the next two might also be as well. I'm trying to not worry about it but you know me–I will always worry a little. Anyway. My goal for awhile has been better/consistent scripture study and prayer and it's been touch and go. Last week the first half was great but the second half was chock full (spelling?) of tons of randomness and it was very stressful and busy and I wasn't quite able to study my scriptures. This week I will try harder. I know I can do it; I just need to focus. I'm so thankful for my Savior—this past week was insane and definitely took a toll on me but everything fell together and I made all my deadlines and things. I know I couldn't have done it without Him. Many times I wanted to quit but somehow I had the strength and capacity to do just a little more. I hope this week goes better or–if not–just as well. 
Some thoughts from sacrament meeting:
-You can receive the inspiration and guidance you need. Go to conference with questions. They'll be answered.
-Sort out your life to be able to hear the voice of the Master.
-Be willing to be inconvenienced in the service of others. As you do so your life will be blessed in marvelous ways.

In Gospel Doctrine:
-We have to do the little things that will protect and fortify our testimony.
-As long as you put the Lord first, everything will be okay.
—>Seems like this has been a topic that was focused on/touched on in multiple ways today. (Guess what's gonna be this week's quote? 😉)

In Relief Society, we talked about honesty and committing to God:
-It takes humility on our part to be honest with the Lord.
-This was interesting, I thought: People lie to solve problems on their own.
-Being committed to God is having faith in Him, even when things do not go the way you want them to. Reminds me of 'but if not': But if not... I'll trust that things will work out. (which I thought I'd already posted about to a point but I can't find it right now. I'll look and see and share it later if I find it. EDIT: I sort of did, but not really. It was basically what I said up there–the talk that it is from, though, can be found here).

After Gospel Doctrine I asked my home teacher if I could get a blessing after church. I haven't been feeling well this week and I've been struggling with a bunch of things and just wanted a blessing. After church, they came and one of my roommates' home teachers were also there. Long story short: a blessing of healing and comfort was given to me and all the things I've been stressing about were addressed. So thankful for worthy priesthood holders!! Also, I definitely started a trend: four of six roommates were given blessings today. Love my roommates!!

I'm blessed to have such an awesome bishopric. Went in for a meeting for a calling after church and was blessed to hear some things that I needed to hear. So grateful for the people in my ward. ❤️❤️

It's been a great day that has been very uplifting and I'm so thankful for that. So thankful for my Heavenly Father and for His love and guidance. It's been a good day. I'm so blessed. I love my ward, I love my roommates, and I love my Savior and my Heavenly Father. Happy Sunday!

Xoxo
Mattie

No comments:

Post a Comment