Sunday, January 1, 2017

Happy New Year! Hope you have a bright new year! :)

Happy New Year! Hope everyone had a fun and safe night! And I hope you left 2016 behind you–2016 was so yesterday. ;)

On a more serious note, I'm grateful for what was spoken on in sacrament meeting today. I learned some new things about setting goals, such as:
-Setting goals brings out the best in us
-We shouldn't wait for the perfect time to set goals because there is no perfect time.
-Goals give us purpose

I also learned some new tips for setting goals:
-Start now
-Keep an eternal perspective
-Find what works for you
-Accept that you will fail (maybe not all the time, but you will fail)
-No matter how many times you fail, remember that Heavenly Father is proud of you for trying.

I'm so excited for this new year–we're learning from the life of President Gordon B. Hinckley in Relief Society this year and I can't wait! I love(d) President Hinckley and am so excited to learn from and about him in this upcoming year.

As this new year is beginning, I have some New Year's Resolutions, as I'm sure we all have, on my mind that I'm hoping will help me become a better and different person. One of the main ones I have this year is to try and consciously focus on my Savior every week. I'm hoping that this will help guide my attitude towards life to be more positive. I know that there are some personal things I have to work on and trying to consciously focus on my Savior should help. The first couple weeks will probably be the hardest, but as I continue to focus and make it a habit, it will become easier. I'm grateful for my Savior and for each and every opportunity I have to change and become a better person. I'm hoping that 2017 will be a great refreshing year. And who knows–maybe I'll jump out of my comfort zone a bit. :)

I hope you all take some time today and this week to ponder what you want to work on in this new year. Don't forget to pray and ask Heavenly Father for help if you need it–I promise that He wants to help you become who you were meant to become this year. I love you and wish you a wonderful and amazing new year! :)


Xoxo
Mattie

No comments:

Post a Comment