Friday, July 31, 2015

Gratitude and Lessons Learned.

This is my 201st post. Woohoo!

I know it's the middle of the night but I just wanted to stop and thank people. Being grateful is a quality of Christ that I am almost positive I do not have to work on because it is just in my nature to be grateful.

I am just soo grateful for soooo many people.

I am first and foremost grateful for my Heavenly Father and for my Savior, Jesus Christ. They have given me love and support my whole life, even when I felt like I didn't deserve any. They've always been there for me. I have always been able to count on them, even if I haven't done so for a long time.

I'd also like to recognize my parents. They love me and have given and taught me so much. I am so grateful for their sacrifices for me and for their constant support. They have done so much for me that I can't even begin to describe my gratitude for them.

I am so grateful for all of my family–my aunts and uncles, cousins, siblings, grandparents, and my great-grandparents. I am so thankful for all of their examples and for all of their love. My great-grandparents aren't on earth anymore, and I only knew two of them, but I know that they still love me and are proud of me. I was named after my mother and her grandmother (who I knew and loved dearly), and my father's grandmother (who died before I was born, I think) and I am so grateful for her. My daddy says that I am just like her, and I am so glad. I know I haven't always been a good girl, and I'm so sorry for that, but I am trying to be better and I know that my family still loves me. I don't think many of them know what I have done, but I am sure if they did that they would still love me.

I am so grateful for all of my schoolteachers. I have loved each and every one that I have had. They have all taught me wonderful and valuable things that I will always cherish.
My kindergarten teacher taught me that even grown-ups can look at the world in childlike wonder.
My first grade teacher taught me to be honest, and also that you don't always get rewarded for being dishonest.
My first second grade teacher taught me that I am special just the way I am, and my second second grade teacher taught me that reading is fun.
My third grade teacher taught me that love comes in many different forms; she also taught me that people may move on, but memories of love and kindness will never fade.
My fourth grade teacher taught me that you can be brave and do things that you never before thought you could do.
My fifth grade teacher taught me that love is kind, love is tender, and love is time; she also taught me that you can do anything you put your mind to.
My sixth grade teacher taught me that you can be brave and bold, and also kind.
Now we get on to the years of many teachers. I do not remember all of my junior high and high school teachers–I do not have that good of a memory–but I do remember several of my teachers from each year. I will only post about 2-3 of them in each grade, because that alone is 12-18 teachers.
Seventh grade: 
My science teacher taught me that science can be fun and challenging, and I relate that to being just like school in general, and also life.
My math teacher taught me that math is actually kind of fun sometimesalso like school and life.
My choir teacher taught me that timing is everything
I had two teachers that I had both in seventh and eighth grade, so I will talk about them in the middle. My English/History teacher taught me that being in advanced classes isn't always so hard, and it is super fun. My orchestra teacher taught me that you can always have fun doing things that may seem a little difficult, and looks can be deceiving. (Also, looks can be deceiving was the class that was deceiving. I wasn't sure how it was going to go, because I'd never been in a real orchestra before–one with violas and cellos and basses–but I was pleasantly surprised.)
Eighth grade: 
My science teacher (different one) taught me that different forms of science are different, yes, but they are also still science, and can even be fun.
My math teacher (different one) taught me that being different, and being funny, is okay. Fun, even.
My ballroom teacher taught me that, even with a small number of guys, ballroom class can still be fun, and you can still learn something (I will always remember the basic waltz, and the swing, and the cha-cha).
Note: after eighth grade, my family moved from Orem to Lehi, and I had a kind of hard time with it at first.
Ninth grade: 
My English teacher taught me that you can make the most out of every situation.
My math teacher taught me that you can have a sense of humor and can also have a deadly side that no one wants to see.
My P.E. teacher taught me that exercise can be fun sometimes. (Even when you are being forced to participate and you are getting graded on it.)
Tenth grade:
My history teacher taught me that you can do hard things, even if you don't always get along with someone. (Though I did get along with my teacher. I feel like I should mention that. She was great.)
My first math teacher that year taught me that you can turn hard things that seem impossible to hard things that are possible.
My physics teacher taught me that you can do fun things and learn in a class that may seem boring.
Eleventh grade: 
My floral design teacher taught me that even a class that seems easy takes work.
My calculus teacher taught me that just because you're hungry, you can't get out of doing work. (Also that when your name is called for val-o-grams, and you're not certain it was yours, and your teacher assures you that it was, and you jump out of your chair happily, your whole class will laugh at–and with–you.)
My chemistry teacher taught me that you can get rewarded for taking a lot of notes. (Like, A LOT of notes.)
Twelfth grade:
My art teachers taught me that you are more capable than you know.  
My government and citizenship teacher taught me that you can have fun in a class about government.
My AP statistics teacher taught me that if you stick to it, you can get through it.
Finally, I had one teacher all throughout high school. My orchestra teacher (she also happens to be my favorite teacher). I love her so much!!! She taught me so many things!! About life, about music, about relationships, about service (both being the giver and the receiver of said service).
She taught me that it's okay to be yourself.
She taught me that it's okay to be different.
She taught me that it's okay to be scared sometimes.
She taught me that sometimes life takes work.
She taught me to be independent.
She taught me that everyone has their stories.
She taught me that you may not know their whole story, but their story is what makes them who they are.
She taught me that you can make someone's day by doing something simple, without even knowing or understanding why.
She taught me that love is selfless, caring, and being a good listener.
She taught me that love is more than just words: Love is actions.
She was (and is) such a great example to me and I will be forever grateful to and for her because she changed my life. She may not know it, but she did, and I love her so much and am so grateful for her.

I know that I did not mention all of my teachers, and I know that I learned more things from a lot more of my teachers, but if I wrote about all of my teachers, I would be up all night. :) So, I am going to sum up by saying that: I loved all of my teachers, and they all taught me the importance of hard work, stick-to-it-iveness, and kindness, and I am so grateful for all of their sacrifices.

I am also extremely grateful for my church leaders. I know that without them, I would not be who I am today. They have taught me many things and been such good examples to me. I've learned so much from them. They have helped me in so many ways. I am so grateful for their sacrifices and service.

Finally, I am grateful for my friends. Oh how I love them!! They have all taught me the power of numbers, the power of love, the power of influence, and so many more powers. ;) They have all taught me that sometimes you have to stick up for yourself, and sometimes people will follow you–also, sometimes they will not, and that's okay too. They taught me that true friends can get together, and it will seem like no time has passed. They taught me that true friendship is magical.

I am so, so, so, SO grateful for all of the people in my life. Those that have been, those that are, and those that will be–for the first time, or again. I have learned so much from all of them, and I have taught them all, too, I'm sure. I know that God put them in my life for a reason. I know that they have all helped me in ways that I did not understand at the time, and in ways that I may still not know. Their presence in my life changed my life for the better. "I do believe I have been changed for the better" ("For Good", Wicked). Every one of the people that I have talked about here has taught me that you can love so many people; it's unbelievable how much love you can have for a lot of people.

I know that Heavenly Father sends us exactly who we need when we need them. I know that His influence is constantly in our lives. I know that sometimes things don't turn out the way that we would like them to, and that it is hard sometimes. But I do know that He is there for us. He is there for us when things get rough. When things get tough. He is there for us when we are sad. He is there for us after everything we've been through. He never left us, and we are never forgotten. I testify that these things are true. I testify that Jesus Christ really did die for us. I testify that He lives. He is our Redeemer, He is our Savior, and He is our Elder Brother. He loved us–and loves us– so much that He died for us. I know that, and I say these things in the name of Jesus Christ, amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment