Thursday, January 16, 2014

You have a greater impact than you know.

I never realized what an impact I had/have on my friends/family/acquaintances. So, yesterday in seminary we had a seminary conference with everyone who had seminary that class period. At the end of the fabulous conference, they opened it up to us, the congregation. I listened to several of the testimonies, and my heart started pounding out of my chest; I was sure my friend beside me and in front of me could hear me. They couldn't, obviously, but I thought they could because it was so loud and I could feel it throughout my whole body. Anyway, I got up. And although I''m sure no one else noticed, I started and ended my talk with lines from songs. I started it with, "You are a light on hill. You cannot be hidden." That is from a song called "Light on a Hill." Anyway, after that, I don't remember exactly what I talked about, but I brushed up on my rough spot two years ago, and how I turned to my Savior and the Bishop, and they helped me get through it, and I knew that I wouldn't have been able to do it alone. I closed with the line, "With Him we can." I can't remember what song it is from, but I know it is by Mercy River, so if you want to find it, just look that line up with their name. Also, after the closing prayer, my friend thanked me for sharing my testimony. And later when I was waiting to get picked up, one of the seminary teachers said that I did a good job. And I never realized what an impact I had on those around me until then. I never consciously realized it, I mean. I guess underneath I knew, but I hadn't ever realized it. But yes. You have more of an impact than you know. Please be brave and smart. Someone may need something you say, but if you're not brave and you don't say it, they will never be able to get it from you or anyone else ever again.

No comments:

Post a Comment