Saturday, January 4, 2014

Babysitting.

Okay, so I was just thinking about babysitting because I babysat tonight. I love babysitting with all of my heart because it's a whole different experience. It's a chance for me to get to be familiar with dealing with different types of children. Some children are easy-going and listen well. Some children are very creative and listen (mostly). Some children bring out the tears when they aren't getting what they want and twist your heart into giving in. And that's just a drop in the barrel. Anyway. I don't know what types of children my kids are going to be. I don't know if I'll have kids. I don't know if I'll have kids of my own. I don't know if I'll get married. Whatever my future holds in store for me, me being able to deal with lots of different kids is important to me. There are those random children in stores that need cheering up. There are those random kids at the park who you help swing and slide because her mama can't climb after her. I want to have the experience to be able to deal with each child differently. I need that experience. I just don't feel like there's a better place to be besides with children. Their sweet natures are so innocent and careless, and their rollercoaster attitudes make me feel right at home. Babysitting gives me a sense of purpose, a sense of being. I love being the guardian and caretaker for those kids while their parents are out. I love getting to know the kids, and how they click. I love how they come to love and trust me easily, and I love and care for them with all of my heart. I see the world differently through their eyes. I love being their role model and their idol. I love being with them. There will always be children in the world, and I will ALWAYS look after them, no matter what. 

No comments:

Post a Comment