Thursday, May 21, 2015

Keep moving forward. Your story isn't over yet.

I might be posting more often because school is winding down to a close and I have nothing else to do but go back through my Facebook and blog posts. So, sorry! But this was something I said a couple of years ago and I really needed it the other day.

"Don't stop in the middle of this chapter of your life and don't look back. If you need to pause, go ahead and pause. But don't look back and keep moving forward. You are who you are. Accept it and move on. Be yourself, because there's no one like you, and no one can be you better than you."

And this is what I said today about what I said a couple of years ago:
"Sometimes I say really deep things, and sometimes I need reminders of those deep things because some days are really hard. We just need to keep moving forward. You can't change the past--you can't change what's happened. If it's happened, it's happened. You can, however, change your perspective. Don't look back. Looking back only makes it hurt. Keep your eyes fixed firmly ahead. You might not be able to change the past, but you can change your future with what you do today. <3"

Your story isn't over yet! You are still writing it! You are still living it. I know that we all do things that we are not proud of and we stress over them or we can't forgive ourselves. But we can't change the past. That part of our story has been written. Our future, however, is blank! It's open for new ideas and possibilities! If you regret your past, learn from it. Don't make the same mistakes that you did. Keep moving forward, and make your story a good one.

No comments:

Post a Comment