Friday, May 15, 2015

We are here for a purpose.

I want to tell you a story. 

Once, a long time ago, there lived a child. Now, she (or fill in with 'he', boys) lived in a place where she was loved by so many! She had many friends and people who loved her. One day, she had to leave her home for another home, but in this home, she would have to forget who she was, and that she was loved. One day, when the girl was around 14 or so, she had a few questions: Who am I? Where did I come from? And what is my purpose? Well, in order to find the answer, she searched. She searched and searched the scriptures for an answer. And she found her answer: She is a daughter of God. She came from Heaven, and her purpose is to accept and share the Gospel of Jesus Christ with others, and to make a healthy home for more of God's children on earth.

I know that sometimes life is hard, and we lose our focus. But I just want you guys to know that we are here for a purpose. There is a God, and He does love you. I know it. I know that we are here to have a family, and to share the Gospel of Jesus Christ with others. I know sometimes we doubt, but it's okay to have questions. Just 'doubt your doubts before you doubt your faith.' Don't lose track of who you are. You are a daughter or son of God, and He loves you. He cares for you. He knows exactly what you're going through, and He knows how to help you. Life will get hard–I'm not going to lie to you. Life is hard–but if you have faith in Jesus Christ, you can do it! I know that sometimes there are unexpected curveballs thrown at you, and sometimes they're really rough, but you can get through them with the help of our Savior and Redeemer. I love those names for Him: Savior and Redeemer. They remind me that He is there–and wants–to save us, and He is there and wants to redeem us. He loves us and wants us to be able to return to our Heavenly Father. I know it and I love Him so much. He is there for me, even when I feel unworthy. Even when I feel alone. Even when I feel unloved, HE IS THERE! He will never leave you alone. He will never leave you. He will never leave. I say these things in the name of Jesus Christ, amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment