Saturday, October 12, 2013

The winning point.

Sometimes it is oh-so-very-hard to think and do and say the right things. And sometimes I fail. Epically. But I get right back up on that pony and I try again. And again. And again. It usually depends on where my brain train goes. Anyway. But I try so very hard to keep my brain empty of bad thoughts. And I try so very hard to say nice things and be nice to people. And I try extra hard to do the right things, even if it doesn't benefit me. And sometimes I fail. Epically. But more often than not, I win, fabulously. And those battles are the best kind. Not because I won (the battle), but because I won (in my heart). Does that make sense? So, say you've got a battle about saying kind words versus not saying kind words. And say, on Sunday you were so, so good about saying kind words, and on Monday, and Tuesday. But on Wednesday you failed. You called your best friend or someone close to you an idiot, because of something they did. And then you apologized, said you didn't mean it, 'twas a slip of the tongue, they forgave you, and then you guys went on your way. But then on Thursday, you were saying kind words again. You won this battle, not because it was four out of five, but because you had a change of heart; you understood the principle, you had experienced both sides, and you understood which one was the better one. That's the winning point. You win, and you understand the principle, and why the choice is the better one. 

No comments:

Post a Comment