Monday, October 21, 2013

With His help, you can be prepared.

Trying to post everyday is hard. Sometimes I forget. So it might be every other day. Anyway. The Lord works miracles, and He blesses, and He loves. It's easy to love The Lord if you are always trying to be like Him; if you are always trying to be His hands; if you are always loving those you serve. However, there are the days when you just have a hard time having patience. Sometimes (okay, usually) my brothers like to whine. And they say they hate me. And it hurts my feelings and sometime makes me cry, when all I was trying to do was keep them safe or out of trouble. But then I realize that I'm just like my Heavenly Father: I know what's best for them (only with me it's sometimes, not always) and it makes me sad when they don't listen to my instructions. Heavenly Father feels sad when we don't follow Him. But I know that with His help, I can be patient, and loving, and someday (hopefully) it won't make me cry when my siblings say they hate me or something else negative about me. No matter what, though, I still try to serve them all the time, even when they don't try and serve me. It's hard being the big sister, and sometimes I wish I were an only child, but I think I would miss some of the cuteness that my little brothers are, and it's worth it. It's worth all eight of them talking negative to me all at the same time (which has happened occasionally). But I know that it's preparation for me to be a mother; I need the patience, and the long suffering. I need the practice of charity in my life, and this is the only way I can get it without having it sprung on me like a creepy spiderweb in the middle of the forest that no one can see. Or maybe I won't be a mother; maybe I'll just work with children and I'll need the patience. Whatever the case may be, I know The Lord is prepping me (but I really hope it's that I'm going to be a mother).  

No comments:

Post a Comment