Friday, October 11, 2013

Good, better, best.

Sometimes I think my siblings are stupid on purpose. Then Tyler does something like squeeze Lander because he often squeezes the cat and Tyler hurts Lander and I think, "Oh yes...they are stupid on purpose." And they never listen to me. I try to be a good example and a good big sister, but they just don't listen and they do stupid things. It takes a lot of my patience to be patient and remember that they are less experienced than I am and that they don't have the same conscience as I do, and that they like to be independent. But I have to remember that they, too, are children of God, and He loves them, too. But sometimes it's so hard because they just get on my nerves so much. And that's why I'm always telling people to breathe, and to not forget to breathe. Because breathing helps calm people down. And so that's my stress-relief technique: breathe deeply. And just remember that it's always better to be the better person, even if the outcome doesn't favor you. You'll know in your heart that what you did is the best choice of action. Sometimes my brother picks the good choice, sometimes he picks the better choice, and rarely, if ever, does he ever pick the best choice. But I always try to pick the best choice, knowing that I might not always get the best outcome, but it will be worth it in the end. And that's what keeps me going. 

No comments:

Post a Comment