Tuesday, September 24, 2013

Stand Ye in Holy Places.

Satan or The Lord? Who do you want to stand with or for? I want to stand with The Lord, and I want to stand for The Lord. The theme this year for mutual is "Stand Ye in Holy Places." The reference is Doctrine and Covenants 87:8. In order for me to stand with The Lord (I don't know who you picked, but considering you're probably still reading this, hopefully you picked The Lord. If you didn't, you're reading the wrong blog), I need to know His teachings. Everything is always coming back to knowing His teachings. Maybe it's because that's what's most important. We need to know what The Lord stands for before we can stand with Him or for Him. The basis for everything surrounding this gospel is to know the word, and live the word. You can't teach it if you don't know it, and you can't teach it or know it if you don't live it. "I'm a Mormon. I know it. I live it. I love it." ~~Ann M. Dibb. I love that quote. You never know who is watching you and following your example, so you need to be the best you can be so that they don't get confused or something. But by being the best you you can be, you are setting an example to those around you that you have high standards and that you will not settle for less.

No comments:

Post a Comment