Thursday, September 5, 2013

Patience is a virtue.

So, for another personal progress project, I'm drawing my violin. Drawing, if you didn't know, takes time and patience. Much like the gospel. You need patience to learn and understand the teachings. I think patience is an important aspect of the gospel. I have eight siblings all younger than me, and six of them are boys. Sometimes I have a hard time being patient with them, because I am older and more experienced, so when they are doing something that I have already experienced or know what the outcome will be, and I tell them not to do it or I try to help them solve their problem and they don't listen, I get frustrated. I feel sad that they didn't trust me enough to listen. Much like our Heavenly Father when we don't follow His teachings and the example of our Savior, Jesus Christ. He feels very sad when we don't follow His advice and teachings, which were made specifically for us in this day and age. Patience is a virtue, and one I often wish I had more of. It just happens to be something I struggle with. Some people don't; it's easy for them, but some people do, and I am one of them. But patience is an important aspect of the gospel because we don't know everything. We don't know all that is in store for us at the end of this life, and sometimes I think that is a little frustrating to some people. But if we're patient and we endure to the end, I'm positive that it will be worth it in the end. There are some parts of the gospel that just revolve around patience. Prayer, for example, revolves around it. Sometimes you don't always receive an answer right away, and you get frustrated. You just need to remember that God is always listening and He always answers our prayers, but in His own time. We need to be patient and respect that. He'll give us answers when He knows we're ready for them. Faith also requires much patience. You don't just immediately receive faith. You have to work for it and be patient. Studying the scriptures takes time. You don't immediately understand them. It takes patience to study and understand them. Patience is very much a part of our everyday lives, and it revolves around the gospel, like I said. But if we keep our cool and respect others around us (God and ourselves included), I think that, in the end, the reward will be very sweet indeed.

No comments:

Post a Comment